Chapter one

"Oh My God. This can't be true, Brianna needs to hear this!" My hands are shaking and I have tears in my eyes of happiness while I'm scrolling through my contacts to Facetime Brianna. Than I realised it was 8 AM and that she probally was still sleeping. "I guess I have to wait then." I was reading the e-mail that I got over and over again, "I'm going to Paris!". When I said these words outloud, I realised that my life is about to change completely.

When I saw a Snapchat notification from Brianna on my phone, I knew she was awake, so I immediatly Facetimed her. "Yo girl wassup!" I told her everything about the e-mail that I got, and what was written in it. She began smiling more after every sentence I read to her. "Okay, so if I heard you correctly, you are going to move to Paris to work for psg as a journalist and you will take care of their social media accounts?! Congrats girl I'm so proud of you! But how did they find you?" I checked the e-mail again to see if they wrote how to find me. "They just said that they saw my Instagram page and that they liked how I take care of my page. I guess they also saw the 'sportsjournalist' in my biography." Brianna decided to come over to my place so we could talk more easily.

After we spent the day together we decided to go to our favourite local restaurant. I ordered steak and Brianna ordered salmon. "Your parents would have been so proud of you, you know that right?" Brianna said. I looked her in the eyes and she smiled to me. "Yes I know that, I still miss them everyday." We ordered a desert, after we finished we went back to our houses. Since we went with Brianna's car she brought me back to my house. On our way back home Brianna suddenly said "Didn't you know Neymar when you were little?" "I mean I'm not sure, I just know that I played football with a boy sometimes that lived in my street, he looked a lot like Neymar. I watched the documentary of Neymar a few months ago and when they showed a picture of when he was I child, I got a vague memory of playing with him. But I'm probably just imagining it, it was like 20 years ago so I don't remember his face or anything." I just know he has beautiful eyes I thought to myself. "Well you guys used to live in the same neighbourhood, so there is a chance it's him." I didn't respond. 'Baianá' was playing on the radio, it's Brianna's favourite song so she turned the volume up, and started sining along. "Come on girl sing along too!" I sighed and looked towards her with a smirk on my face. "I know you want to." she said with a grin on her face.  "You know me so well" and so I started to sing along with her. In the meanwhile I was thinking about my childhood. When I was six years old, my parents both died in a car crash so I moved to my grannies house. When I started studying I moved to Rio de Janeiro, and I started a social media account about all my adventures in Rio. I met Brianna in a bar in my first year in Rio, and since then we became best friends. I know her for 6 years now, but it feels like I have known her for my whole life! When she dropped me off at my house, I went straight to bed it was a long day, so I was very tired.

In the next few days I called a lot with my new boss. Everything was settled. They arranged me an appartment, and they bought me a plane ticket. I will fly to Paris after the holidays! I'm a bit anxious since I'm not the best at speaking French. But besides that I'm very excited and ready for this new chapter in my life.