Chapter two

Even though I still had a couple of weeks left before I would fly to Paris, it just felt like a couple of days. I spent most of the time with Brianna. We went to the beach and we watched a movie in the cinema. We even tried out some new clubs every Friday night! Brianna met this guy 'Fernando', he is a nice guy and I hope they will talk more to eachother in the future. "He is so handsome Alice, and he is a really good kisser!" Brianna told me afterwards with a big smile on her face.

But now the time has come, I will fly to Paris tomorrow. I'm very excited and grateful for this oppertunity. I wish Brianna would just come with me, and start a life in Paris together. "I will come over every now and then" she would tell me. "Ofcourse you will, I know that! And I will come to you too!" When I wanted to go to bed, I suddenly heard a notification on my phone. I brushed my teeth, and when I finally lay in bed, I went to check who the notification was from. "Oh no this can't be happening, it's Lucas!" I sat straight up in my bed looking at the message that he sent to me. "Hey I saw your Instagram story, why are you flying to Paris tomorrow?" I was thinking what I should respond but I came up with an idea. "Hi Lucas, quick reminder, we broke up six months ago, so don't bother messaging me again. I'm going to Paris for a long time since I'm going to move to the city for my job. Xo Alice." When I sent the message I blocked him on every social media. "No more attention from stupid exes" I thought to myself. I had set an alarm for 7 am, because Brianna is coming to pick me up at 8 am, she will take me to the airport. After I put my phone on my bedside table I immediately fell asleep.

The next day I woke up early, I checked my phone to see what time it was. "6 am, guess I can go back to sleep" I muttered to myself. When the alarm went off at 7 am I jumped out of bed. I made myself some breakfast and I got dressed in a chill outfit, since my flight takes 11 hours, I didn't want to bother myself with normal jeans and a blouse. When it was 7.45 am I was ready to go, so while I was waiting for Brianna to arrive, I checked my Instagram and made a story. It was a selfie of myself, I put down a text and wrote: "On my way to the airport!". Then I went to check how my Instagram post is doing. I had posted several photos of myself at the beach and added some mood photos. On the last slide I posted a selfie of Brianna and me at the beach. The caption is "Rio, you are forever my home!" Brianna arrived at my house at 8am sharp.

It takes half an hour to drive to the airport. We both were a bit sad on our way, because we knew it is our last time together for a while. "I'm going to miss you so much Bria" I told her. "Don't say that girl, you are going to make me cry." I laughed at her behaviour, typically something Brianna would say. When we arrived at the airport and I checked in, Brianna was staying with me the whole time until I had to go into the aeroplane. I gave her one last hug and then we said our goodbyes. When I walked towards the gate Brianna yelled "FaceTime me when you arrived in your new apartment!" "Will do! Love you!" I yelled back and blew her a kiss. Once I sat in my seat, I took a boomerang for my Instagram story. I put "Goodbye Rio" on top of the boomerang. Next to me sat an fine looking man, Sven is his name, I had an conversation with him for a little while, he is going to Paris to visit his family. He gave me his @ on Instagram, so I could message him if I have some spare time and wanted to get some coffee. I eventually fell asleep, I slept the whole flight. Before the aeroplane landed in Paris I woke up again. It was 1am in France so I will probably have a long night due jet lag. When I grabbed my luggage, and said goodbye to Sven, I went with an Uber to my new apartment.