Chapter 4: The 8th Floor

Some time passes as you stand next to Power outside of Denji's hospital room, watching over her with her hands cuffed.

Power: Servant. Release me from my bonds! I am clearly innocent!

Y/N: I cannot master Power. But I am sure you shall be released soon. I mainly want to see Denji before the day ends.

  Power pouts her cheeks as Aki exits the room.

Aki: I'm done with him, you can goin now.

  You smile as you go into Denji's room. You see him eating some sliced apples as he notices you.

Denji: Oh, hey (Y/N).

Y/N: I am so happy to see that you're alright.

Denji: Well yeah. Guess that's the perks of being a devil.

  You take a seat by his bedside as you just stare at him. He notices you staring with a smiling face as he gets a little creeped out.

Denji: Are you okay? Your staring is creeping me the hell out.

Y/N: Oh, s-sorry. I was just thinking about some things.

  You lightly wipe your eyes before you look at Denji again.

Y/N: Denji. What do you think about me?

Denji: Hmm? What do I think about you?

Y/N: Like, what am I to you? What do you see me as?

  Denji recalls the fight you both had with the Leech Devil, and the dream battle you both had with it.

Denji: Well, as Makima told me before. You're like a supervisor. But, to me personally I am not really sure.

  You frown a bit but look out the window.

Y/N: Denji, I know you probably don't care, but when I was 14, my parents were killed by a devil, and my sister was hospitalized by that devil. She is in the hospital, but she refuses to speak to me. I'm not sure why, after her ignoring me for years, I just felt lonely for a while. I still watch over her with my ravens, but as her brother I just want to see her happy. And in all honesty, when we fought I saw how happy you were, and it made me feel, well, good. I've never had friends before, and never knew what that felt like.

  You look back at Denji with a more somber expression.

Y/N: I know this sound very soft of me, but I really like seeing you happy. Makima told me before about how your life was before, so I guess, I would like to make anyone I see as a friend happy. And I don't know if you care, but I see you as a very close friend. So, any dream of your that you have, I'll help you do it.

  Denji looks a little surprised at you. He thinks in his mind how no one would have ever even came close to thinking of him like that, but he grinned a bit.

Denji: Then if you want, we can be friends.

  You smile a bit as you stand from the seat.

Y/N: One day I wanna go out with you, Power, and Aki. I feel like the four of us would have a lot to talk about. Hope you feel better.

  You wave at Denji as you exit the hospital for the day as well. Resting for the night as you fall asleep letting yourself succumb to your slumber.

*The Next Day*

  You and some members of Division 4 were sent to a Hotel where a devil was sighted, one that may have a piece of the gun devil within it. On this mission they sent Denji, Power, Aki, Arai, Himeno, Kobeni, and probably one of the best current devil hunter, you of course. You turn back to see the group you were with.