(Prologue)

DISCLAIMER: this story contains a LOT of talking cause like, stardew valley IS a farm story game!! AND IT CONTAINS SWEARING HERE AND THERE SO SORRY!!

───────────────

3RD PERSON POV!

Y/N stares blankly at the bus window, softly rocking Delmira (your kid) to not disturb her from her sleep, poor thing hasn't slept in forever and isn't making it easy for their parent.

"Abba.." she softly whispers in her sleep. Y/N lets out a small smile, tired, trying to ignore the foul stench coming from behind them.

They relax back in their seat as they look outside, Quitting their sad pathetic job was a relief, but they don't know if farming would be better or worse.

After all, they can't turn back now. It took them 2 years to score a job at JOJA, and at this rate? They can't wait another two years. As well as, they already retired and decided to be a farmer like their grandfather many years ago. They really missed their grandfather, but there's not much they can do now, he's been gone for many years.

But now they're here, starting a new life that they hope will be better than before, just hoping they'll finally be able to feed their baby girl.

Before when they worked at JOJA, they made all of the employees work 12 hour shifts, and they could barely afford a daycare for their precious baby. The work was extremely tiring, and they barely could actually parent their kiddo. Sometimes they even passed out at work due to the stress levels.

a small sigh escapes Y/N's lips. I hope i can get used to farming, I'm not ready to let my kiddo suffer because of how much they made us work for such a small salary. They said to themself.

────────

Y/N steps out of the bus once the bus makes a sudden stop at "Stardew Valley". When they stepped out, they noticed a lady was there waiting for their arrival, she had prominent orange hair that was tied up in a bun.

He looks at the lady with a slightly confused expression. When suddenly she starts to speak.

"Hello! you must be Y/N, i must say the whole town's excited to meet you! it's not everyday that somebody new moves in."

Y/N slowly nods, but still stares at her with a confused expression.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! i forgot to introduce myself, I'm Robin, the town's local carpenter. Mayor Lewis sent me here to show you to your new home, He's over there right now, tidying up the old cabin for your arrival!"

Isn't that the person gramps was talking about in his letter? I'll say hi i suppose. Y/N thinks.

"Here, let me help you with your bag, if you'll follow me to your farm that'd be great." Robin says as she turns around and begins to walk, Y/N simply follows her.

They yawn as they look around the path they're walking through, Seeing the grass, a lot of trees, butterflies, birds, and even some animals! Some things that you'd expect a farm would have.

They get a bit nervous once the cabin begins to enter their vision, Was this really a good decision?

──────────────

"This is the farm! Meadow Farm." Robin declares smiling.

Y/N looks around, getting nervous when they see many trees, rocks, logs and shrubs laying around. They expected the farm to have a lot of space for soil and other stuff, but what in the actual fuck is this?

"What's the matter hun? Sure it may be a bit overgrown, but there's still some good soil underneath that mess!"

A bit overgrown? Are you fucking blind?

"With a little dedication you'll have it cleaned up in no time!"

Do you fucking think i have the time to clean this up?

Y/N grits their teeth ever so slightly, They followed after Robin when she started walking towards "their" home. Suddenly an old gleeful man stepped out of the cabin, a bit surprised to see Y/N.

"Welcome! You must be the new farmer! I'm Mayor Lewis, the Mayor of this town, Also known as Pelican Town."

So this is who gramps was talking about

"You know, almost everyone's been asking about you. It's not everyday that someone moves in"

Mayor Lewis and Robin start talking about the cabin, Lewis remarks that it's rustic, while Robin says that it's crusty instead. Lewis called her rude, "I was just trying to make Y/N purchase a house upgrade! jeez.." she exclaims with a frown.

"I don't think I'll make enough money to buy a house upgrade" They whispers to themself.

"Anyway,, Sorry for her! You must  be tired from the long journey, you should get some rest, Tomorrow you ought to explore the town a bit, and introduce yourself back to your old buddies. They'd appreciate it." Lewis says.

"Alright, I'll be sure to do that." Y/N smiles and then looks at Delmira.

"Life's gonna be a little different from now on, but I'm sure it's gonna be better than before." They poke her in the stomach and tiny giggles emerge from her.

───────────────