new beginnings

☮︎

☮︎︎

☮︎︎

"FUCK YOU AGATHA YOU BITCH!"

it had been exactly one week since scooter grubbs had been announced dead. seven days, one-hundred sixty-eight hours and ten-thousand eighty minutes of pure hell for marley perth. don't get her wrong the death of her uncle hurt of course, no doubt about it. but it didn't hurt her as much as everyone assumed it did.

marley hated her uncle. unlike her beloved aunt who viewed him wearing rose tinted glasses, marley saw him who he was; a lousy marina rat who couldn't keep a job. scooter was a shitty uncle, a shitty husband, and a overall shitty man. so no his death didn't exactly kill her. but it took a big toll on her aunt lana. marley honestly could not tell you why her aunt liked, hell loved the man. he cheated on her more times than you could count.

lana has been crushed since the police officer told her. every morning she screams into the same sky that she once thanked everyday, as if it would open up and spit scooter down. marley couldn't stand being home anymore-not that she was home much anyways. in between work and cleaning up the damage from aggie she was never there. unfortunately she was always there to see her aunts daily-morning break downs though.

"i really don't think yelling at mother nature is going to bring him back." the girl quietly spoke before sipping her lemon water. marley was trying to enjoy her "breakfast" and morning mediations on the porch, before being interrupted by her aunt's screams. however, her advice was ignored and brushed off by more screams. it seemed like lana was always ignoring marley now days. she practically blamed the girl for her husbands death. because apparently, "scooter was out in the bad weather on a business trip for money to provide for her." marley knew lana just wanted someone or something to blame. but how the hell was she meant to prevent her uncle from drowning?

with a huff the brunette got up from her makeshift yoga mat and walked inside the house. the schedule for today was completely free given it was a saturday and that's now the only day she has off work. so she has the whole day to do whatever the hell she pleases.

after changing into a mint green swim suit and some denim shorts marley decided to go for a swim. she made her way through the house making mental notes of things she needed to clean. (aunt lan' says she's too distraught to clean.) she plopped down on their old plaid couch and threw on her maybe even older converse. lana gave them to lee for her twelfth birthday. she was now sixteen. then she was out the door and on her way to their "beach." she smiled when she saw the familiar painted broken down scraps of wood that they called a dock and sprinted to it. unbuttoning her shorts and throwing down her big burly tote bag in the process.

once she got on the dock she sat down and ripped her shoes and socks off. then without even hesitating marley jumped in. as soon as the cool water hit her skin she was immediately relaxed.