𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬

POLARIS DIDN'T NEED much convincing that Voldemort is back

POLARIS DIDN'T NEED much convincing that Voldemort is back. Even though her father and Kreacher didn't want her to know, she found out about the Horcrux a long time ago while she was in her father's room. The younger Black brother had one journal she hadn't known about and he hid it really good but Polaris was better.

When Polaris was fourteen, she found the journal that her father glued to the top of his second drawer. Why she was even looking in there, she never found out but Kreacher explained everything to her after she spoke about it with him. Kreacher told her of the hero-like death that Regulus died and on that day, many tears flooded the small family of two. Kreacher told her that as long as the horcrux isn't destroyed, the Dark Lord could always come back and so, it didn't take much convincing after Sirius' explanation for her to believe him.

Speaking of, Sirius and Polaris grew quite the well-formed bond over the past year. The two Black's confided in one another after they realised that they were the only family they had left for a certain time being. Polaris knew she still had two great cousins and their children but she didn't feel the need to contact them. Sirius told her about Andromeda, or Andy as he called her. He told her that she was disowned which she already knew, but what she didn't know was that she was disowned for marrying a muggleborn.

Her other great cousin, Narcissa Malfoy, had married a blood supremacist and from what Harry told her uncle, their son seemed to be the exact replica of his father, even threatening with him. Polaris didn't judge when she didn't know someone though. She knew Lucius had a high place at the ministry, after all she's been there before and he wasn't one to hide it.

She also knew she had a great cousin slash aunt in Azkaban, Bellatrix Lestrange. She knew that Bellatrix was her father's cousin and married her uncle Rodolphus who also sat in prison, both for death eater activities. While some ex death eaters like Lucius Malfoy said they were under the Imperius curse while following the Dark Lord's orders, others like her aunt and uncle were loyal to Voldemort and proud to admit that they believed in him.

Over the course of the year some changes were made at 12 Grimmauld Place. For once, since Sirius decided to stay there long-term. They put curtains over Walburga's portait. Polaris still talked to her but they didn't want her banshee-like screaming across the house as soon as Sirius made himself known. Jokes were now also a thing around the house as Sirius and Polaris noticed their similarities in humour.

Aside from that, Polaris is now the official head of house Black. When Polaris turned seventeen, she went to the ministry to claim the Black title. It made big news that the famous house of Black had an heir, a seventeen year old one at that. Newspaper writers such as Rita Skeeter were especially glad about those news. It was apparently now her favourite thing to find out about the mysterious Black family member, making assumptions such as Harry Potter being the heir or even Draco Malfoy. She not once mentioned a young woman and Polaris was glad for it.

Sirius was pacing nervously as he came back from Hogwarts. How the hell was he supposed to tell her that he invited a bunch of people in here to fight the man his brother, her father, was so loyal towards? Polaris watched him, trying to find out what was wrong. "Is Harry alright?"