7

Yes I had a strong connection with him, but I had a larger connection with my soul sister. She just, understood..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Ok so uhm act y'all have been there for a couple weeks)

We were suddenly outside of the reef, in a place I've never really seen. We swam through large rock sculptures, and schools of fish. The ilu swam up to the surface quickly, I felt Neteyam's stomach trying to catch his breath.

"We're here." He said pointing at something past him. I looked over his shoulder and saw a large cave, with a dark entrance.

"Holy shit, I've lived here my whole life and never seen this place?" I said in awe, looking at the dark cave. We got off of the ilu and swam the rest of the way, meeting the shore. He took my hand, and we started running towards the entrance. As we entered, everything began to glow. I spun around looking at everything, with a bright smile on my face. The middle of the ground was a small stream, leading to a large pool o f water at the end. I reached down to feel the cold water flow through my fingers.

"Uh, y/n there was something I wanted to talk to you about.." I heard Neteyam's sweet voice say. I was in my own little world at the time. "I wanted to talk about..us." I heard him continue, and putting a hand on my shoulder. I looked over at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean..?" I asked sincerely blinking my eyes a couple of times.

"The feelings between us y/n.." he spoke in a soft whisper. I was now standing straight up and still staring at him with confusion in my eyes.

"I don't under-"

"Listen y/n! I like you, like a lot.." he interrupted. I shook my head, thinking about all of this, thinking about us.

"Since when..?" I said shaking my head.

"Ever since I met you y/n!!" Neteyam spoke desperately. "I've wanted you ever since our eyes met.." he gently put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer.

"Neteyam, I can't, I need time to think.." I replied, I heard the loud horn blowing in the distance. I started to walk out, but he grabbed my hand and turned my towards him.

"Please y/n. Think about us.." he said then let go of my hand. I nodded and avoided making eye contact with him. I ran out onto the shore calling for Kuro. She swam up to me happily, squealing and twirling around. I quickly connected us and got on her back, then tapped her side. I tapped her a few times more so she would pick the pace up a little bit. I was inside the reef now, as I opened my eyes and looked around. I smiled brightly, as the Tulkun swam around, excited to see their sisters and brothers. I got off of Kuro and swam over to the most familiar one, I'lerya.

'Sister, I see you.' she made her gentle noises. 'I see you. I've missed you so much.' I signed to her, mouthing the words. 'What is the matter sister?' she asked in her now concerning noises. I frowned gently, 'Just a couple of thinkings in my mind right now.' I signed, then shrugged shortly. 'There is a boy, isn't there?' her eyes blinked at me. I nodded, then looked around at all of the children playing and speaking the the other Tulkun. 'He told me he liked me, but he is different sister. He is from the forest, mother has already expressed to me how she feels. But father, he supports me, unconditionally.' I signed still having a small frown on my face. 'If you liked him back, then those differences do not matter my sister.' she explained as I looked up into her eyes. Maybe she was right, our differences do not bother me from liking him back. I then started to think about the people, and what they would say and think if they heard the chiefs daughter and some forest Na'vi's son were in love. 'But my people sister..' I signed and looked back down. 'If your people really are your people, then they will also support your decisions. You need to make time for the present, and not your future.' her words were wise, and cut deep, like a sharp knife. I realized that I have to take time and think about what I want, not what others want. I nodded at her and put my hand down her large face. 'Thank you my sister, you help me so much..' I signed putting my forehead up to her cheek.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~