𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

"We've got to go back now" I groaned as I lifted my head from Neteyam's chest. We had laid together on the sand to watch the last of the eclipse but unfortunately it passed quickly and we had to leave, Jake Sully's orders. Neteyam groaned in annoyance as he stood up, once again offering me his hand.

I looked up at him with a wide grin. "Seriously!" He whined that I would still not take his hand. "Fine, if you won't let me help you get up, I will just get you up all by myself" he grinned, not giving me time to stand up for myself as he wrapped his arms around me and lifted me off the ground placing me over his shoulder.

"Neteyam, put me down" I yelled but I couldn't help but laugh as I tried to kick my legs and wriggle from his grip. He calls me stubborn, he really needs to meet himself. "I am independent, I don't need help" I screeched, still trying to get out of his iron grip. "And I'm a gentleman" he responded in the same tone.

"Then put me down oh so gentle man" I groaned and luckily he placed my purple feet back down onto the stable ground. As soon as he put me down I nudged his body with my hip making him stumble to the side slightly. "Want me to pick you up again?" He stepped towards me, in a joking manner as if he was going to follow through with his threat.

I squealed and jumped to the side which to him was such a funny reaction as he held his stomach as he laughed. "Ha ha you're really funny" i state sarcastically as we neared the tent where the family was. "Indeed I am" he responded and continued to laugh.

We entered our new place of rest and everyone including Lo'ak was back, all of them getting ready to sleep. Neteyam sleeping area was not close to mine, opposite in fact. As we both laid down, we never broke eye contact until his eyes fluttered closed and he fell asleep. I turned to lay on my back, looking to the roof of our new home with a coy smile consuming my face.

"I see the way you look at him" a small voice brought me out my trance as I looked to who it came from, Kiri. My eyes widened slightly at the thought of her knowing, I knew Neteyam was the one I would spend my life with but I was scared of the way his family would react.

"And I see they way you look at each other" she smiled slightly and I was worried about what she was going to say. "Please don't tell anyone" I begged as I moved my body to face her. "Promise" she said, putting me at ease. "But I wouldn't be surprised if they already know, I know for certain Lo'ak knows something" she whispered, looking over towards the youngest brother.

"How?" My eyes widened once more in shock, how does everyone know. "You two cannot stay away from each other" she laughed slightly as she looked over to Neteyam. "And after the sky people caught us and we thought you died, Neteyam almost lost it. It was obvious he cared for you in a different way from the rest of us" she said softly.

My heart broke at her words, they thought I died. If Neteyam wasn't asleep I would have gone over and hugged him but he needed his rest from the long ride we endured. "You two are great together" Kiri finished before rolling over and closing her eyes. I thought we did a pretty good job at keeping it a secret.

It wasn't long before I too fell asleep, thinking about happy things and by happy things that meant me and Neteyam.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

I woke to light warming my face and the happy smiles of the family around me. "Morning" Tuk said to me and she jumped into my chest, wrapping her small arms around me. "Good morning tuk" I said and as I pulled away she held a sad expression. "What wrong?" I asked worry clouding my face. "I just want to go home" she said quietly and i wrapped my arms around her once more. "It's okay Tuk" I said into her hair as I held her close.