𝟓𝟑. ✭ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 ✭

"It's nothing," Brooks reiterates, putting his hands out in front of him while giving a pointed look to the people standing behind me; my father and my dad. He thinks whatever comes out of his mouth next will set me off.

"Do I look like I'm a fucking horse?"

"What?"

"The way you're putting your hands out in front of you, like I'm a spooked fucking stallion, would suggest you think I am A— a horse or B— about to get freaked out by whatever shit it is you're going to say. I'm going to go with B. So, out with it already."

"It's about your sister," his face is completely void of any emotion which has me tilting my head to the side slightly, trying to read him better.

"What about my sister?"

"It's not for me to say and it's none of our business." This is a side of Brooks I haven't seen. He's being calculative, careful with me, reading me just as I am him.

"She's pregnant," Braxton blurts out, "Adri is pregnant."

"What?!" My father and dad shout out simultaneously behind me.

"It's why she doesn't want me going," Braxton continues but my gaze is still on Brooks.

He didn't flinch or look surprised, no, his face is still just in a fixed mask of nothingness. He doesn't want me to read him. Because they're lying. He's lying to me.

"Let's go ask her then."

"She's pissed at me," Braxton says and that I know he's being honest about.

"That's fine. You all can stay here. I'll go talk to Adri myself." Without waiting for anyone to respond I turn around and begin making my way toward her bedroom where she's been holed away for the past few days.

"Torey, wait—" Brooks' hand tries to grab my arm but I tear it away.

I spin around on him and get right in his face. "No, I don't think I will wait. I don't like being lied to," the words were a low growl, just for him but he still shows nothing. I grab ahold of his shirt and pull him into me forcefully before leaning down to his ear with a menacing whisper, "when she tells me she isn't pregnant, because there is no way Adri wants kids, she never has, you are going to tell me what the fuck is going on in explicit detail. Not only that but you will owe me the biggest fucking apology for lying right to my fucking face." I let him go with a harsh shove backward, making him stumble into my two parents.

I make my way up the stairs as quick as possible, feeling the four of them close behind me. It doesn't matter because I'll reach her first. When I'm at her door I don't even mind the guard, I just walk right past him, opening the door to her room. I shut it but before I can lock it Braxton barges inside.

"What in the actual fuck?!" Adri yells at the two of us. "I don't want to see either one of you pricks right now, thank you very much. So please, turn your sorry asses around and get the fuck out!"

"He found out," Braxton blurts out at Adri, making her cock an eyebrow. "You know, about the—"

"No, no, that's enough out of you," I interrupt. "I want to hear it from my sister herself."

"The fuck?" She looks between us both. "What the fuck did he find out about? Pretty sure my brother knows the two of us are bangin'."

Words I never wanted to hear my sister say.

"No, the other, major life-changing thing that I supposedly am not supposed to know." Her brow knits in confusion and I know, know that I fucking know, she has no idea what we're talking about. I round on Braxton but before I can open my mouth the other three make their way into the room.