Feeling: Doubt

"Blair get up it's time to go!" I hear my sister Bri yell from what i'm assuming is the kitchen but won't be for long.

I hear my bedroom door open and sure enough I see her amber eyes glaring back at mine, "if you don't get up, I won't hesitate to leave without you. You can't be late again and you know this." I don't get a chance to answer as my warm, actually very warm blankets are ripped away from me.

"You could have given me a minute and I would have been up, you wonder why i'm an ass in the morning."  I grumble sitting up looking at my sister.

She's a year younger than me, or at least it seems so. She's actually only a few months but most people just assume a year, I don't correct them. We don't look that similar though if you saw us in the street you could tell we were related.

"You're an ass no matter what happens in the morning, just hurry up. I don't need dad yelling at me for leaving you again." She finally leaves me in my room to get ready..or so she thought.

"Get up, don't lay back down." Damn it, she knows me a little too well. I get out of bed and go straight to my bathroom to wash my face.

I look in the mirror and stare for a bit, my skin is not as tan as usual making my features stand out more. I've always looked more like my mom than my dad, sometimes making me wish I didn't have to see myself in the mirror. I didn't see myself, I see her looking back at me.

I'm just finishing up my skin care and brushing my teeth when my phone lights up on the counter beside me.

It's Margo, as usual. Margo is my best friend since forever, we've been through everything together. Sometimes people even think we're a thing, sometimes we go along with it.

She's facetiming me as I dry my face off. I click the green button and wait to hear what she has to stay this morning.

"First of all, you look great this morning," she says as her eyes gleamed with excitement. How does she have this much energy this early? "-second of all you'll never guess who snapped me."

I grab my phone and head back into my room to pick an outfit out, I set it on my bed facing me while I search. "Hmm don't tell me it's her, because if it is your excitement better be for something WAY different." I look at the girl on my phone with a pointed look.

"I can't believe you'd actually think I'd still have her on my snap-" her: being her ex, who might I add was a total douche. Like beyond douche, she was like the douche emperor. "-anyways it's this new girl I added. Wanna know her name?" Before I answer, I already knew she'd tell me anyways. "It's Selene, she's so pretty."

I smile to myself for the happiness of my best friend, grabbing of what I picked out to wear for today. It's just a regular crewneck sweater and some mom jeans. Converse will probably be paired along with some jewelry. "I'm so happy for you Marg, what's she like? She better be nice to you or it looks like there's gonna be some conflict."

"Oh she's the sweetest, not to knock on wood but she seems like she might be the one. We instantly clicked, B. I'm not even kidding you when I say this, we're so different, that it makes us so similar." By the time I finish changing and look at her, I can really tell how happy she is with this topic.

Before I can answer my door opens and it's Bri again, she smiles at Margo. "Hey Marg," then looks at me "-we've got to go Blair." I look at Margo with an apologetic look, she shakes her head with a smile and ends the call.

I run to the bathroom, adding some quick mascara. Running back into my room to grab my coat to prepare for the March weather in the lovely small town of Harbor Springs, Michigan.

I grab my backpack and head downstairs with Bri, reaching to grab an apple on my way out, I get stopped with an arm. I look up to see my dad with an annoyed look and a single eyebrow raised.

"Running a bit late again B? You know you have to get better at this," he gives me a hug and kisses my head gently. He lets go and hands me the apple "-okay get out of here girls." He hugs my sister and sends us out the door with his usual content-but tired smile.

You can tell he misses mom still and it puts him through a lot. Yet he still raised me and my sister with the best time he could give. He gives us so much love, giving the most highest expectations to my nonexistent future love life.

I climb into the car with my sister, she drives us to school. I have my license, I just prefer her to drive us to school, so she's been doing it since we've turned 16.

After about 10 minutes, maybe more with the morning rush traffic, we finally arrive at school.

Dreading the whole day, we walk in together and go our separate ways. I spot Marg and my day begins with the first hour we share.

I hope today goes quick, I can't stand to deal with people today.

Or any day for that matter.

————————————————————————
939 words for chapter one!;)

I hope you enjoyed that, see you soon lovelies