Chapter 71

Laura's POV

Ross seriously will not leave my side. If I get up and get water he'll follow me. I mean I understand that he cares a lot, but what's up with this? Why is he so clingy, not that I'm complaining because I'm definitely not. Just curious. Like right now he has his arms around me tightly holding me as if it's the last time he's gonna hold me. I get interrupted by my thought with my phone ringing. I look at the collar ID and it doesn't seem to be familiar. I just decide to ignore it. I go on Instagram and see all these photos and videos of be crying. I really didn't care until one catches my eye. I click on the picture and see me Ross and I. It's me crying as Ross kisses another girl. It's photoshopped obviously, but it still brings tears in my eyes. So the fans also think that Ross can do so much better than me. I wipe away my tears quickly before Ross notices and turn off my phone. Fresh tears come down as I look the other way wiping them away.

Ross: Laura, what do you wanna watch now?

The movie probably ended. I just shrug not looking at him or the screen. Okay I need to go to the bathroom to wash my face. I get up and Ross tenses.

Ross: Where are you going?

He asks.

Laura: The bathroom.

I answer trying not to have that voice where I'm crying. I quickly walk into the bathroom turing on the water and splashing my face. I look at myself in the mirror. They're so right, Ross is going to find someone actually good enough. Once I'm sure it doesn't look like I was crying I walk out of the bathroom and go back in bed. Ross wraps his arms around me tightly, kissing my head.

Ross: Your so beautiful sweetheart.

I fake a smile as he turns his attention back to the movie. I'm not beautiful. I drop my ugly stupid smile and go on my phone. I go on Twitter for a little while not tweeting just scrolling through history until I get bored. I'm done with my phone for now. I place it down and look at Ross who seems to be sleeping. Hell yes! Now I could leave. I carefully slip out of his grip and walk out of my room. I need to talk to Stormie because I feel like I just need mom talk right now. I walk to towards hers and Mark's room and knock. She immediately answers and smiles when she realizes it's me.

Stormie: Come in, come in.

I walk in as she sits on her bed patting a spot beside her.

Stormie: What's the matter sweetheart?

Laura: Well I just need to talk to someone.

Stormie: Why not Ross?

Laura: I don't know, I just can't really tell him how I feel. Don't get me wrong I try to but it's hard.

Stormie nods.

Stormie: I understand, honey.

She places her hand on my thigh and smiles softly.

Stormie: Now what'd you want to talk about? Is it the fan thing?

I sigh and nod.

Laura: Yeah, I mean I absolutely adore the fans but they just seem to hate me no matter what I do. I don't know why. I try to be perfect but to them I'll never be enough.

Stormie sighs.

Stormie: Love, there will always be people who dislike you; the way you look, the way you talk, the things you say, the way you dress, the things you believe in, the music you listen to but the truth is: it's up to you if you let them ruin your day or if you learn to stand up for yourself and accept yourself just the way you are. Try to be as good as you can and if that's not enough for them, it will certainly be for someone else. Your not here to please anyone. Just be a nice person and true to yourself.