Chapter Ten - His Wishes Float Above Just Out Of Reach

2nd of June 1776

"Mr Talton!" Y/N walked as fast as she could to catch up to George's trusted advisor. He was the one who helped direct Y/N when George's instructions were just a little too vague. Basically, he was the reason her job as the King's personal servant hadn't managed to drive her crazy yet.
"Oh, Ms L/N what seems to be the problem this time?" Mr Talton turned around and asked cheerily.
Y/N caught her breath and spoke, "His Highness needs me to get some books that have been delivered and well he didn't exactly tell me where this place was."
"Ah yes, His Majesty is never really clear on locations, he sort of expects you to know already. But, I'd be happy to show you the way." Mr Talton offered.
"If it wouldn't be any trouble." Y/N grinned.

"Anyone who is helping the King should be helped just as much as one would offer to the King." He explained.
Y/N nodded, "I see. Well, you better lead the way. I've got a reputation to uphold." She joked.
"Of course." Mr Talton grinned and turned around.

The two walked a complex path towards an area of the palace that Y/N was quite unfamiliar with.
"Mr Henry Talton, where would I be without you? I had no idea this part of the palace existed." Y/N remarked.
Mr Talton chuckled, "Probably back in your old, less stressful job or fired."
The man then opened up a small back door that lead to outside the palace where the stack of books had been delivered in paper packaging.
Y/N walked towards the pile and went to lift it. Mr Talton walked over to the other side and helped Y/N carry the other side.
"Mr Talton, there's no need to help me. You've assisted me quite a lot." Y/N explained.

"Nonsense, at least let me help you get this to the main corridor." Mr Talton insisted.
"Very well then. Thank you very much, Mr Talton." Y/N greeted the man once again.
Y/N and Mr Talton then traced their path back to the corridor where Mr Talton reluctantly let go of his grip on the stack of books.
"Are you sure you're able to make it there? I would feel horrible if I allowed a lady to struggle like that." He urged Y/N.
"Thank you for your concern, Mr Talton but I shall be fine. I'm already very grateful for your guidance this morning." Y/N explained.
"Very well, Y/N. I better be going, don't be afraid to ask for my assistance again." Mr Talton exclaimed as he walked further down the main corridor.

Y/N sighed and shifted the stack of books up so her grip was as tight as possible. The young woman looked at the stairs ahead and could already feel her arms ache.
"You're doing this Y/N. You're ambitious and you don't back down." She muttered to herself as she took her first step up the stairs. Just two other sets of stairs and a couple of corridors and she'd be at George's library. Or was it three sets of stairs? Y/N shook her head and kept ascending up the stairs, she could always just bother Mr Talton if she got lost again. As long as she got there before George did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N had to admit that she did find herself lost a couple of times during her journey to George's library but she was finally in the right corridor. It was embarrassing for someone who had so carefully studied the floor plan of the palace but in Y/N's defence, she had only observed the first and second floors of the enormous building. Y/N was of course at least confident that she made the right decision to keep retracing her steps and politely avoiding questions about her clearly lost situation. Her other option which was too bother the kind Mr Talton. Something that Y/N was not keen on doing.

Y/N had found her destination on her own without help. Luckily, even after her shenanigans involving going up the same flight of stairs an embarrassing amount of times. Y/N was where she had to be and it seemed like she was probably right on time. Perhaps even earlier than George would have expected.

Y/N couldn't wait to see how he would react.

The young, slightly worn-out woman walked towards the door of the library, still pushing the books up so that wouldn't fall out of her quite limited grip. Y/N stood in front of the door and contemplated knocking. She supposed it would be safer than sorry to make her presence known and hit against the wood with her elbow.