𝑆ℎ𝑒(𝐴𝑜𝑛𝑢𝑛𝑔)

𝘈𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘹 𝘍𝘦𝘮 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘬𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳
_______________________________

You and Aonung have been close since the day you could swim. Inseparable, the two of you would do everything together.

But as the two of you got older you can feel yourselves drifting away. Aonung, Busy with his duties & hanging out with his little friend group. Meanwhile you were off doing whatever, occasionally hanging out with Rotxo or getting hit on by a guy whenever you came out of hiding.

Aonung and his friends were all standing around talking amongst themselves about whatever interests them. Seeing as all the boys in the village are obsessed with a certain Metkayina girl the conversation quickly shifted to talking about her.

"Have you guys saw (Y/N) today? she looked amazing." one of his friends starts. The rest of them besides Aonung nodding in agreement.

"Whoever is her mate is the luckiest guy in Awa'atlu." another friend adds.

"I honestly don't understand the appeal." Aonung says while shaking his head in disappointment at his friends.

"Dude just look at her what do you mean?" Rotxo looks at his bestfriend in disbelief.

Suddenly as if you were summoned you ascend from the water walking on to the beach. You make your way to the group to greet your friend Rotxo.

"Hello Rotxo." you say as you wave smiling at the boy. He waves back feeling shy as he and his friends we're just talking about you.

To be honest, Aonung hasn't seen what you have looked like lately. The two of you haven't spoken in a year. This was a new sight for him.

"Is your friend okay?" Your voice pulls Aonung out of his daydream. His cheeks slightly heating up as he realizes he had been staring at your face the entire time.

"Yeah he's never seen a pretty girl this close before." one of his friends teased. Immediately blowing off what he just said you ask Rotxo if he would like to join you to help pick fruits & flowers.

"Sorry (Y/n) I have to help out my father today, maybe Aonung can help you."

Before Aonung could protest you spoke up. "Aw, what a shame. Maybe you can tag along next time." You didn't think Aonung would want to help. After all he barely spoke to you.

As you begin to walk away the boys start talking amongst themselves again.

"You seriously aren't going to help her?" Rotxo asks.

"Ughh fine, (Y/N) WAIT UP" Aonung groans.

You stop in your tracks waiting for the boy to catch up to you. When he catches up to you the two of you begin to head off to a nearby island to pick flowers & fruits.

_______________________________

' Why am I even doing this?' Aonung thought to himself while you mindlessly picked flowers while humming to yourself. Is this the reason you have barely been around the village? Did Rotxo always accompany you? Why does he even care?

He snaps out of his thoughts when he feels something being put in his hair. "What are you doing (Y/n)?".

"Just fixing your hair do not worry." you respond giggling.

Aonung can feel his face heating while you were "fixing" his hair. Your face barely a foot away from his.

"All done!" you beam.

Immediately after finishing doing whatever you have done to his hair you place a beautiful flower crown on your head.

"Did I really get dragged here to make flower crowns?" Aonung groans. You really didn't ask him to come along, this was usually something you did alone or with Rotxo.

"Well this is what I do when I come here." you simply state. "You may go back to your friends if you'd like."

"It is dangerous for a clueless girl like you to be out alone. So I will stay.." He tells you. Even though the real reason he didn't want to go is because he was enjoying your presence.

"Okay well eclipse is coming soon & I usually look at the stars from there." You point to a bunch of bushes with a small entrance to crawl through.

You take the boys hand & led him through the entrance. When he stood up to get a good look at his surroundings he was in awe.

A beautifully made hideout which was just on the side of the island that faced away from the village somewhat giving the two of you some privacy.

You sit in the sand patting the spot next to you so he can sit next to you. As he sits down he looks at you as if he has a million questions on your mind.

"Do you always come here?" Aonung asks. You nod in response.

The two of you sit in silence as eclipse begins. unconsciously holding eachothers hands.

"Aonung?" you break the silence. "It seems we barely speak, why is that?"

He thinks to himself. 'I hardly ever see her in the village, & when I do finally see this girl there is always a guy hitting on her'. Aonung did have a small crush on the girl.

Seeing all the boys swoon over her only for her to not pick any of them made him decide to keep his feelings to himself before finding a different approach.

"I don't see you around much." He states.

"Sorry, I am usually getting hit on by someone guy so I come here. It is truly exhausting." you sigh. "I just wish someone would approach me in a way that makes me feel tingly like the other girls."

'This is my chance' Aonung says to himself.

"Maybe I can help you out?" You look at the boy confused by his words.

"(Y/n) you are the most beautiful girl in this village. And the real reason we barely speak is because I don't want to seem like the other guys in the village or ruin our friendship ." He starts. "I want to be able to tell you more than that you are beautiful. You are also smart even though you can act like an airhead sometimes."

You smile at his confession, feeling tingly. You have always liked Aonung. Thinking he is the most handsome in Awa'atlu.

"I like you (Y/n). A lot."

Without thinking you pull him into a kiss. It is heated but sloppy due to your inexperience but who really cares. You pull away from the kiss smiling at the boy who just poured his heart out to you.

"I like you too Aonung, I see you."

_______________________________

"Why do you have a flower in your hair?" one Aonung's friends laugh at him while he looks at his friends in confusion.

You and Tsireya are walking along the sand talking about the events that occurred yesterday.

Spotting Aonung she decides to go say hello. Well until he turns to her with his face burning from embarrassment.

"I THOUGHT YOU FIXED MY HAIR NOT PUT A FLOWER IN IT!!" he starts chasing you

"I'M SORRY AHHHH"

Aonung's friend group + Tsireya watches as he chases you around the beach. Screaming so loud the forest Na'vi could probably hear you.

the end.

THANK YOU FOR READING HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS STORY! 🫶🏽