Nick Story- 02

I heard yelling so I woke up out my sleep. I checked my phone that read 3:42 AM. I slowly stepped out of bed and tip toed to the door. "Herb, the fuck you mean you going to go to Asia house at this time of the night" Eva asked. I shook my head. "Man she just called and said she needed me, what I'm supposed to do? I feel like I'm to blame for her getting hooked on drugs now as it is. "AND WHY THE FUCK IS THAT" she yelled. He took a deep breath "I introduced her to them fashion people..." Eva shook her head and paced back and forth "baby I am pregnant! She is not your priority, nor did you know she would get sucked into what them people's had going on" she assured him holding his face. "I love you aight, come to bed" she told him walking off.

I opened the door when I felt she left. I walked to the kitchen where Herb was at. He didn't notice me but he had a backwood and a Hennessy bottle on the counter with his head in hands. "She right" I spoke loudly making him jump. He started laughing "man yo ass almost gave me a heart attack" he motioned for me to sit beside him. "It ain't your fault" I implied. He twisted his lips up and nodded his head. "I hope y'all right." I heard Eva foot steps coming in and she had her hand on her hips. "Baby why you up" she smiled hugging on me. "We woke him up... or should I say you" he mumbled the last part sipping his drink. "Don't get fucked up" she told him sternly. His phone started ringing again making Eva throw her hands in the air. "I can't fucking take this shit. Handle her ass, or I will!"

"It's my sister" I asked him. He shook his head no. "Nah this someone else" he laughed answering the phone. "Look mamas... I made a mistake. I'm married" he informed whoever was on the opposite side of the phone. I heard yelling and what seem to be crying on the other end. He put his blunt in the ash tray and closed the Hennessy bottle hanging up the phone. "Aye I'm about to go make right with my lady" he dapped me up goodnight. "Aight" I said making my way back to my room. I closed the door and called Kiki. She answered the first ring making me curious. "What you was doing up" I asked her.

"I just got home baby" she said. "From where" I asked her. "I was with the girls and the guys. You know just chilling" she FaceTimed me. I answered looking at her beautiful light skinned self. "I had so much fun, I haven't had that much fun in so long" she stopped with her eyes getting big realizing what she said might've hurt my feelings. "I'm glad you had fun" I smiled and honestly I was glad she had fun. I knew I was stopping her happiness a little ever since my accident. "You mean that babe" she asked pouting. I nodded my head "definitely. I know it's been hard being around me like this I apologize." She smiled "I love you so much" she gave me kisses through the phone.

We stood on FaceTime till about 11 in the morning just talking and vibing like we use to when we first started kicking it with each other. I think this is what we needed. We was with each other every single day, we probably was growing tired of each other along with my nasty ass attitude.

"Aight I'ma meet up with you at your physical therapy. I'm about to get ready" she said hanging up the phone. I sighed as I grabbed the first sweatsuit out the dresser and placed it on the bed. I made my way to the attached bathroom starting the shower. I brushed my teeth and washed up getting out quickly once I was finished. I heard knocking on the door as I was wrapped in the towel. "Enter" I said. I liked that they always knocked but I didn't care as long as Kiki wasn't around. Then I would mind, that would be hella embarrassing getting fucked and they walked in. "My boy" Herb cheered. "I thought I was gonna have to drag you out of bed" he nodded exiting the room for me to continue to get dressed. I rushed doing so and grabbed my cane walking out the bedroom. My room was clean and my bed was made. I kept up my word like Herb asked me to.

———

"You did so good baby" Kiara cheered as we left the Physical Therapy center. I smiled and kissed her "thank you. You hungry" I asked. "Yes! Let's go get some Taco Bell" she jumped up and down. I nodded getting the Uber ready. I decided against texting Herb being that I shared my location with him. He didn't ask me to do so. I did it because with everything going on I just needed to stay on the safe side. Plus I told him I was getting an Uber back to the crib with Kiara anyway.

We got out the Uber and walked into the Taco Bell. I seen everyone from prom. I sighed looking over at Kiara who bit her lip "I swear I didn't know. I just really was craving Taco Bell" she said. I shrugged. "Nigga you don't speak" Chris smiled as he came up to me hugging me. I side eyed him and he shrugged me off. "Brothers fight nigga" he informed me. I laughed and pushed him slightly. Kiara told me to sit down and she'll order for us. I did as told and started catching up with all my friends.

"Man wassup with your physical therapy? We need you back in the game next season" Nate said biting into his nacho cheese taco. "It's going smooth so far. I got like 1 more month of physical therapy but as long as I do everything they say I should be straight" I told them. "Bet" Nate smiled. Julie was staring at me and staring at Kiara. I looked over at Kiara who was ordering our food. I mugged Julie trying to figure out what her issue was.

"I ordered the fooood" Kiara sung sitting beside me. I kissed her lips. "Ahh hell nah. Keep that mushy mush shit over there" Dayday said. Kiara stocked her middle finger up at everyone. Julie scoffed. "Bitch is there an issue" Kiara asked making a certain facial expression. "Nope" Julie slurped her soda that was empty. "Looks like you need a refill boo" Kiara shot. Julie stared at me and then stared at Kiara phone. No one else was paying attention to how Julie was moving, but I was!

"Aye Kiara let me see your phone real quick" I whispered trying not to make it hot. She nervously handed it to me. I looked up a little at Julie who raised an eyebrow. I checked every app and I didn't see nothing out of the ordinary. "Why you looking through my phone" Kiara asked. I shrugged my shoulders "just a little insecure" I admitted. "You ain't got nothing to worry about." I seen an email pop up on her phone but my eyes grew wide when I realized what it said.

Vote share comment