T H I R T E E N

Writing back to St Mungo's wasn't easy. Every time I figured out what to say, I'd make a mistake. That's why there was a pile of scrunched up paper beside me. I groaned, running my hands through my hair. Regulus looked up from his desk with an eyebrow raised. 

"Rose?"

I looked over at him from my place at the couch, leaning over on the small table, "What?"

"Are you okay?" There was no underlying mocking tone, just concern and a bit of humour. 

"I- I can't think of a single thing to write!" I whined, closing my eyes as I sat back. 

I heard him get up, and before I knew it his hands were on my shoulders, massaging them. 

"Write what you feel. Don't worry about the words."

I opened my eyes, looking up at him, "What would I do without you."

"You'd be able to walk everyday." He smirked, quick to responding. 

I rolled my eyes with a smile, finally knowing what to write. When I finished, Regulus whispered into my ear.

"See? You do know what to write."

Regulus and I spent the rest of the day in his study. We were never apart for long, despite the largeness of the room. Lying with my head in his lap on the couch, my eyes were closed as his fingers ran through my hair. 

"When do you start working at the Ministry?" I questioned, his hand halting for a second before continuing. 

"One week or so." He murmured. 

I opened my eyes, looking up at him, "You don't want to work there at all, do you?"

His head tilted down, musing with a smile, "You're extremely perceptive." 

"He wants more Death Eaters in the Ministry, doesn't he?" I asked, already knowing the answer deep down. 

"He does." Regulus responded, before keeping a sturdy gaze on me, "Do you see it?"

"See what?"

"The mark." He hand had stopped moving by now. "Does it scare you? Do you wish you-"

"Regulus." I interrupted, sitting up and turning my head to look at him, "It doesn't scare me. And I wouldn't change this. The mark defines what you may do, or be apart of, but it doesn't define who you are, and will be in the future."

"You're too good for me." He smiled down at me, pressing a kiss on my forehead. 

"You're too-"

A knock at the door prevented me from finishing. 

"Master Black, Mistress Black." The house elf begun, "There's a visitor at the door."

Regulus pulled back, "At last. Thank you, she'll be down in a second. Let them in."

My gaze travelled to Regulus as the elf disappeared. "I'll be down? Who's here?"

He smirked, tapping his finger to his nose, "It's a surprise."

Watching him carefully, I left the room. Walking down the stairs, my eyes caught sight of a figure near the door. My eyes widened, hands going to my mouth. The dark haired woman was looking around the room. 

"Emma?"

"Lyn!" She squealed, running over to me. Her arms wrapped around me, squeezing me tight. 

"Did Regulus...?" 

She nodded with a smirk, swinging an arm around my shoulder, "You got a good one girlie. He sent an owl, insisting that you desperately needed me."

I scoffed with a smile, "I doubt he used the word 'desperate'." 

"Anyway," she continued, playfully dismissing my words, "here I am!"

By her words, she was single and mingling; insisting that she would never marry. Though, she was happy for me, and wouldn't stop hinting that the sex must be good if I was happy. When she left, my face was bright red, illuminated by the lights of the house opposed to the darkness outside. 

"Have fun?" I turned to see Regulus leaning against the rail of the staircase. 

"Yes. Thank you for the surprise."  I responded, walking over to him. 

"You're very welcome." His hands rested on my hips, pulling my body flush against his. 

"Do you want a reward for your good deeds?" I joked, my arms around his neck. 

"I believe I deserve it." He smirked. 

Rolling my eyes, I pulled him down to my lips, crashing them together. Our chests were pressed together, not leaving any space between us. 

"That a good enough reward?" I asked, pulling back. 

He mocked thinking deeply, "For now."