Chapter 19- Confession

Taehyung- We should move. It's not safe here.

Jimin- Hold on. Ley Y/N catch her breath for a moment.

Only when he says that do I become aware of my rapid breath and thundering heartbeat. Being confronted with that nightmare in such a closed space. I don't ever want to experience anything like that again!

Y/N- I'm worried about you two. Are you hurt?

Taehyung- No.

Liar. He must have hurt himself when he fell, otherwise he wouldn't need Jimin to support him. On the other hand, Jimin's shirt is dirty and he has a gash on his forearm.

Taehyung- That thing is unnaturally strong. How do you think it got down there? 

Jimin- It's possible that the secret lab is where it's been hiding this whole time. Unless it's a different one.

Y/N- No. It's the same monster as before.

Taehyung reaches into his pocket for something, but he stops and stares at me for a moment.

Taehyung- What happened to you?

I look down, only then noticing that my shirt is covered in dark grey blots.

Y/N- Oh, that. I broke a vial of something and fell straight to it.

Jimin- You should probably take it off. It might be dangerous.

I nod absentmindedly. Of course I know a random liquid in the lab might be dangerous, but I wasn't able to acknowledge it until we moved away from the more immediate danger source.

Taehyung- Here. Take my hoodie. Let me just grab my phone...

Thankful, I take Taehyung's hoodie and drape it around my shoulders as I turn around and take my ruined shirt off, throwing it on the ground.

Taehyung- Huh. I have ten missed calls and a message from Jungkook.

A chill flows through my blood.

Y/N- What? What does it say?

Taehyung...It's Seokjin. He's on his way.

Jimin- I believe now would be the right time to get away from this place.

Taehyung- Agreed, let's go.

Some time later, Jimin and I are sitting in my kitchen while Taehyung looks out the window.

Taehyung- He should be back here by now.

Y/N- Did he tell you anything?

Taehyung- Only that he's on his way.

What if something happened to Jungkook?

Taehyung- There he is. Finally.

Genuine relief fills his voice as he says that. I suspect that he must have felt responsible for putting Jungkook in a dangerous situation. I don't know when those two became good firends, but at least something good came out of this horror story.

A few moments later, Jungkook joins us in the kitchen, looking more frightened than ever.

Taehyung- What happened?

Jungkook- I took Seokjin to a karate competition, as I said I would. He often followed me to such events, so I thought it wouldn't look suspicious. When it was my turn to compete, all of a sudden he looks at his phone, stares at me all red in the face and then storms out of the hall. I purposefully lost so that I could get to my phone and call Taehyung, but you didn't answer.