hot coffee + winter nights ; wilbur soot

SUMMARY:
hot coffee + cold
winter nights remind me
of you.

THE WINTER AIR was cold, and the soft breeze made baileys cheeks rosey. she was already shivering from the drop of day to night temperatures, even though she was engulfed in very thick clothing. the sudden change in the windy whether wasn't helping her get any warmer either.

bailey strolled the empty streets, her earphones in, as she took in the beautiful scenery. the feet tapped against the slightly slippery concrete floor, dancing, swirling and turning. she could possibly slip, but she couldn't care less, it was too much fun. she looked down at her phone, searching for her next song, as she hummed the last beats of the song.

waves of red, blue and green lights glowed onto her face. her eyes shined, staring at the familiar billboard, it was her favourite cafe.

she pushed open the cafe door, taking a slight peak before entering. the warm air inside the cafe gushed put as soon as she opened the door. the sweet and strong scent of coffee and cinnamon hit her nose, smiling at the warm fuzzy feeling in her heart. taking off one of her earphones, she walked towards the counter, ready to place her order.

she eyes scanned the menu before deciding to order the simplest one, a hot chocolate. she waited patiently on her seat, gazing out the window from time to time. the door bell chimed, indicating someone had come in. bailey turned her head towards the door to see a tall, and very handsome man.

he had brown hair, and brown eyes, not the mention her extremely adorable smile. bailey found herself staring at him longer than she would have liked. but how could she blame herself, he was too charming. the man turned out, her eyes meeting baileys before he went and took a seat himself.

a small blush creeped up on her face, as she looked down fiddling with her fingers. she took occasional glances at the man, sometimes he would catch her and smirk, causing bailey to only blush harder.

she was snapped out of her trance when she heard her number being called out. approaching the counter, she saw two coffees placed side by side, completely identical. she didn't think too much about which one was actually hers and just grabbed the one closest to her.

the tall brunette man soon made his way to the counter too, grabbing his coffee, he glanced at bailey, landing a quick smile. bailey smiled back, appearing to be seemingly calm, but she was really screaming on the inside.

taking a sip of her coffee, bailey instantly felt the bitter taste reach her tongue. almost immediately, she spit the substance out. she started to cough uncontrollably, the cashier rushing from behind the counter to help her. But before he could reach her, a specific brunette was already by her side, rubbing her back soothingly.

once bailey had stopped coughing, her face scrunched up and she stuck out her tongue is disgust. the man looked at her worried, his hand still rubbing circles behind her back as he asked. "you okay?".

bailey blushed like a lovestruck fool at the sound of his voice. he sounded so nice and caring, the fact that he was concerned about her made the girl blush like crazy. once she remembered that she was actually in front of him, she spoke up again. "yes i am, thank you." bailey croaked out, her voice gone from the coughing.

the guy smiled at her reliefed, something in his eyes made bailey never want to look away and just get lost in them. " well, i think you may have my coffee" he laughed handing bailey hers. bailey chucked awkwardly, her hands slightly sweaty. this was the first guy she has ever liked and somehow already managed to embarrass herself.

after exchanging their coffees, she took a sip of her own. this time the taste was delicious, there was a reason why she always ordered this drink. she gave the man one last smile before thanking him and heading towards the door. the brunette man watched her walk away, a weird feeling in his stomach wanting her to stay. to his favour, she spun on her heels, turning around, her mouth open ready to speak. "Also, what's your name?" she said, slightly shouting, looking down at her feet in anticipation.

gazing at her, he replied with a warm smile "wilbur."

turning around for the last time bailey left the cafe with a stupid grin on her face, thinking about the boy she just met. wilbur, to her it sounded cute. his eyes, his smile, his voice, his everything, it all lured her into him more than she could ever imagine. smiling to herself, she hoped to see him again some time.

the girl stared off at the sky before she felt something fall from the cup. she looked at the ground seeing a small piece of white paper, lying on the ground. bending down, she grabbed it and slowly unfolded the paper. straighting the slightly crumbled paper out, she was shocked to see what was written. it was wilburs number and next to it was written "call me :)".

bailey went home and was not able to get a wink of sleep. She fantasized about wilbur and thought about to what to text him in the morning. She squealed, kicking her feet in the air, way too excited to know her coffee crush was interested in her too.