-ʚɞ--- 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 ⁰⁵

Standing at the edge of the cliff, she could see the lake in its element. The cooler temperature of the early dawn struck, Hye-jin stood there looking forward.

Wistfulness struck her like dawn, the feeling spreading throughout her chest as blood rushed through her veins. The shaded shadow under her eye proved she hasn't slept, not much at least. Hye-jin had stood there all night trapped in the labyrinth that she called her mind.

"You shouldn't be out here on your own, Hye-jin." The familiar tone spoke from behind her, as she spun around, his voice soaking up the wistful emotion to something less familiar, one that spread through her nerves, through all parts of her body, making her tingle just by the mere sound of his hushed voice.

"I know. I came here for some peace of mind, care to join?" Hye-jin offered him a place beside her, a gentle smile rested upon Seo Yul's face as he nodded coming near his friend.

Their shoulders touched as they both faced the lake, sending a powerful sensation throughout both teens. Hye-jin, craving this need for his warmth, leaned closer to him, as her lips turned up feeling his gaze upon her figure.

"Your mother never taught you that it is rude to stare." Hye-jin teased, noticing the boy's face redden with her comment making her smirk with delight, knowing the effect she had with her chosen words towards the boy.

"Yes, she in fact did. Yet, it is hard not to stare at you, Hye-jin." Seo Yul admitted turning his head back to face the ripples of the water that reflected the moon.

Just looking at her bright eyes, the moon that reflected ever so greatly in them, drew him in as bait.

With her, he never felt misguided.

He noticed her familiar gaze that looked upon onto the water, regaining a face of worry and concern, one he despised to see.

"I am sorry," Yul spoke out, ashamed to not comfort her after the news of her late father that just happened earlier in the day. He was out with his father, and just arrived not too long ago. The news had spread like a wildfire and he knew his friend needed him.

He was glad she was in the first place he looked.

"There is nothing to be sorry about, Yul. My father is... was a noble man, he died trying to protect his daughter, died being what he truly loved to be, my father." Hye-Jin confessed, all that weighed so heavily on her heart, seeming to flow out in clustered phrases in front of the boy.

Yul stood, facing his friend, who had not once turned to face him. He could see the sorrowful eyes fill to the brim with tears, yet never letting them escape.

He took a brave step closer to her, closing the small gap that they shared. He guided her shoulders so he could face her. Her eyes looked so desperate for her pain to end, yet little did she know how hard it was to become.

Seo Yul's eyes soften at how vulnerable Hye-Jin let herself be in front of him. She was never the person who would break apart into pieces, especially in front of the people she cared for, the people she admired.

Yul slowly moved his hand from her shoulder to her cheeks, wiping the tears that seemed to spew down her pale face the moment he had collided with her face.

Hyde-jin sunk into his hand, seeking out for his warmth, as she harshly closed her eyes to relieve them of the weight of the tears.

It hurt him to see her break in his touch, to see the shell of the person she once was because of someone who was supposed to be 'her' friend.