𓆝.° 。˚. CHAPTER 17 .° 。˚𓆛*.。.

After Y/n and Lo'ak were finally allowed to leave the communal marui after a meeting with their families on the subject of the sky people, she led him to the jetty, to the Ilu's.

The entire event was rather strange for Y/n.

It was the first time her brother had the chance to talk to her, since the incident from the day before, but Y/n ignored him.

Aonung had started multiple attempts approaching her, but not only did she ignored him, also Y/n's sister Tsireya stopped talking to the boy.
Tsireya had always put herself between Y/n and Aonung, to save her sister from other arguments with her brother.

Lo'ak had been holding Y/n's hand throughout the meeting, and as they sat there had also been stroking her thigh soothingly.
Though he firstly wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, looking back at revelation yesterday.

But Lo'ak had of course asked for permission, which she had given him, and it seemed to actually calm her.  ☆

But right now right now Lo'ak reminded himself to focus on Y/n, who was talking to him about something he didn't catch since he was lost in thoughts.

"-and this is how the Metkayina had first discovered the Ranteng Utralti, thousands of years ago when the first songs were sang by my very ancestors." she completed her telling.

"Wait- what?" he asked confused.

Y/n looked at him briefly without saying a word, before anger and annoyance flashed her face.

She started waving her hands frantically in front of his face and kept flicking his forehead and eyebrows and nose, while she kept hissing "you skxawng!" ('you skoung!', = you moron/idiot).

Lo'ak just started giggling at y/n's pathetic attempts to beat up some knowledge and reason in him.

"A half hour since I'm telling you about my ancestors and the history of the Metkayina clan! And you, you aren't listening!" She huffed angrily.

"I'm sorry!", he laughed, and raised his hands in innocence. "You're look cute right now." Lo'ak spoke smiling. 

But she only hit him with her shoulder bag, which she owned to collect pearls, small corals, minerals or similar things when she was out in the reef.

Lo'ak grinned down at the girl who still had her brows furrowed because of his behaviour.

But when she had just put the saddle on her ilu and was about to tighten the buckles, he leaned down at her and gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Y/n's ears flapped up, and she quickly turned to hide the light blue blush that was creeping down her cheeks.

After a few minutes she looked back at Lo'ak, who was still excitingly waiting for a reaction from her, but Y/n just cleared her throat and gave him another sattle for his Ilu. ☆

After a few moments they were ready to leave, and Y/n led him the Cove of the Ancestors.

* ・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・*

* 。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。*

The Cove of the Ancestors is the sacred site of the Metkayina.
The floating islands reminded Lo'ak at the Hallelujah Mountains back at the Omatikaya clan, just that they are smaller and more horizontal in nature.

"Wow..", he said.

Lo'ak turned his gaze back to Y/n who was floating on her Ilu right next to him.

She was almost as flashed as he was, even if she had been here plenty of times. She felt that incredible feeling coursing through her veins again, and closed her eyes to take a deep breath.

Lo'ak, who had been watching her closely, did it the same.

After a few moments he looked back at. Y/n was just about to open her eyes again.

"Follow me." She told him, as she swung herself from the wiggling creature.

As they were both fully entered the water, flow in front of each other, Y/n took Lo'ak's hand in hers and disappeared into the sea.

She pulled him further and further down into the dark. Though he didn't really knew what to expect, he soon was able make out a blurry, gigantic tree-like shape surrounded by a purple glow, which had him lost of words.

It was the Metkayina Spirit Tree.

The strong tingling feeling that Y/n felt over and over again, now filled Lo'ak's body as well.

But suddenly something felt definitely off, and he realised that Y/n had let go of his hand.

He began to panic again, and started to turn in every direction hoping to spot her. But he was calmed down by Y/n, who had laid her hand at the bag of his head, and placed an animal resembling a creature mixed of a jellyfish and a butterfly on his back.

"It helps you breath underwater.", she spoke.

Lo'ak raised an eyebrow, but as he saw her with one of these strange things on her back as well, he took a try and was eventually able to breath normally.

Y/n grabbed him by his hand and and led him closer to one of the leaves of the Ranteng Utralti.

"This is our Tree of Spirits, our closest direct connection to Eywa." she smiled.

Lo'ak liked the way her face bright up everytime she talked about the great mother.
It was a kind of joy he rarely saw from her. It felt almost magical for Lo'ak to see her like that.

He couldn't help but let his expression light up.

Y/n pulled her kuru from behind her back, and connected her queue with one of the feathery leaves of the tree.

Different voices, which were wildly talking and laughing, echoed through her head.
After a few moments they became quieter and quieter and one specific voice crystallized out of the chatter.

It was deep and harsh, yet not uncomfortable to listen to. The voice laughed another few times before changing back to its original topic.

Y/n didn't paid attention to what it was saying, she just concentrated on the familiar soft sound of the voice that she missed so much.

It was her grand-father's.

Happy tears tropped down her cheeks.

Her grandfather, the father of her father, the old Olo'eyktan of the Metkayina clan.
He died when she was seven, he was the only person she considered a real-parent. Her grand-father had taken care of her most of the time of her childhood, even when he was busy with his duties as a Olo'eyktan, he had always found time for her.

Lo'ak watched Y/n closely, while the entire process she hadn't let go off his hand.

Later, when she woke up from her trance, she turned to him again, "You're allowed, if you want to." she mumbled.

He didn't hesitate and pulled out his kuru to connect with the tree.

A strange feeling penetrated him before the first voices interrupted his thoughts.

—————————————————————————
A/N- Sorry for the late update 🫶🫶
How are y'all?