girls

They were sat in the library, as always. Most likely reading Shakespeare or some old poetry again. That stuff never interested me, quite frankly, I thought literature was boring. Things like Picasso, Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci's art intrigued me more than writing ever had. "Excuse me?" I felt a light tap on my shoulder, I quickly turned around to see... her. I had only ever seen her hair or an occasional flat cap hat she would wear on cold days. I had completely zoned out and tried to get out at least a 'yes' in response. "Yehello," I managed to say. I could feel my face burning bright red with embarrassment. "Hi! Uh- well I just wanted to say I- I really like your outfit!" she was just as nervous as I was, I didn't know how to respond. I had never really received compliments before. "Well... thank you! Sorry for the greeting before, I'm not very used to talking to others." I couldn't help but smile, I had been wanting to talk to her for weeks now. My dream had finally come true. Of course, I had my occasional crushes on girls in my youth, but I was always called strange for it. Growing up in a children's home wasn't the ideal childhood but I had grown used to it. It was nice that I could meet someone like me. "Would you want to perhaps go to the café on harlen street sometime?" it took my brain a while to process what she said, was this what being asked out felt like? "Y- yes! Yes I would love to! Thank you." I was flustered and had a stupid smirk spread across my face. "Great, here's my home number. I'll see you around." She handed me a small slip of paper, walking away with the same beautiful smile I had been admiring for weeks now.