𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏. 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

____________________________________________________________

"A string that pulled me out of all the wrong arms right into that dive bar

"A string that pulled me out of all the wrong arms right into that dive bar. Something wrapped all of my past mistakes in barbed wire. Chains around my demons, wool to brave the seasons. One single thread of gold tied me to you."

                                                                                     -Invisible String Taylor Swift.

____________________________________________________________

     Cousins is what Cora Taylor means when she says the word home. The smell of summer, the sounds of the birds and waves, and the hot, soft sand getting stuck between her toes makes her heart feel warm and fuzzy. But what she loved the most wasn't the scenery, it was the people.

      Cora's mom Briar, Susannah Fisher, and Laurel Dunne are best friends and created a tradition of going to the Fisher's summer house every year. Cora has never spent a summer out of cousins. These few months give her a sense of peace no matter what was happening before them.

      Conrad Fisher and Steven Conklin are the oldest out of the five kids but Conrad is the most mature by a long shot even though he's not that much older than Steven.

     Then came Jeremiah Fisher, Cora, and Belly Conklin. Cora and Belly are super close and have a lot in common. They're both shy, play volleyball, and have a thing for Conrad. Cora would never admit that though since her and Belly are so close, she doesn't want to mess that up.

     Blair, Susannah, and Laurel always joked that Belly and Cora were destined for one of the boys. Cora hoped she would end up with Conrad, but so did Belly. She says that she hopes Cora ends up with Steven so they could be sisters, Cora never saw him like that though.

     Summer is usually just the kids and the moms but it wasn't always like that. The fathers visit a little bit but last year John Conklin didn't come at all because him and Laurel had just divorced. Adam Fisher still visited but he's becoming more and more busy with work. And Cora's dad passed away when she was 10. This year, it's probably only going to be the kids and the moms.

     Cora was an energetic child and would always stand up for herself, but things have changed. Ever since her dad died, she's become shy and quiet. It's easier for Belly to keep with her now but she misses Cora's old self, everyone does.

     This year, Cora and Belly wanted to change. Cora wants to be her old self, not afraid to speak up. Belly wants to stop living in people's shadows so they decided that they'll both try to not be shy and cautious this year, it's summer, they have to make the most of it.