Chapter 4

"So when will Kirstin bring her dogs to your house? Tomorrow i mean" Scott asked while they sat in a little restaurant near the beach to eat their lunch

"She said she'll get here around 8 am. They leave on Monday so she needs her Sunday to finish packing up and make sure her house is in great condition to leave it for a month, stuff like that. So yes, 8 am" Mitch answered

"Okay, do you want me to go over to help with them tomorrow morning?" Scott offered "I don't know wether Kirstin will walk them before she brings them to you or not but either way I think the first interactions between the dogs and your house and your cat should be monitored"

"Okay, i'd like the extra help. But only if it's not an issue for you" Mitch would have felt so bad if Scott went out of his way to help Mitch, especially so early only for them to bother Scott

"Absolutely not. I told you, i have time and I want to help you" Scott reassured Mitch "It's only 4 weeks. You got this. WE got this. You're not alone to deal with all this"

Mitch smiled thankfully "That's so nice of you. Thank you, I really appriciate it"

"No worries" Scott shook his head "Actually, I think i'm gonna go over to your's an hour earlier. If that's okay with you. We have to check wether your house id dog proof or not. Gotta hide the cables if there's any out and about. Make sure there's nothing they could eat and choke on. And of course we have to create a space where they could go in, that'll be their space. If we don't give them their own space they'll take one for themselfes and most likely it'll be your bed or couch"

"Oh hell no. I don't want three big dogs on my bed OR couch. Nope" Mitch shook his head "I'll text Kirstin to bring their beds too because my bed is only mine"

"Good idea. Let's see what else.....IF anything happens to any of them do you know a vet around?" Scott was preapared for all of it apperantly

"A vet? Yeah I take Panda to a really good vet not far from where we live. Altho I hope I won't have to take them there during the month" Mitch sighed "I honestly don't know how Kirstin does it. She balances work and love life and her dogs."

"Some people are better at multi tasking I guess" Scott shrugged "I'm sure you'll do great. You just have to remember. You're in charge not them"

"Easier said then done but i'll keep in mind" Mitch chuckled "what's up with your food? Why aren't you eating it?" Mitch looked down at Scott's plate to see it almost untouched

"They put something spicy in here and I don't like spicy" Scott assumed it was either chili or jalapenos in his burger

"Oh, well we could swap them out" Mitch offered "I haven't eaten much yet and my burger is not spicy"

"Really? You sure?" Scott asked with a surprised tone

"Of course! I like spicy food, so there's no need to take your food back" Mitch lifted his plate and swapped it out with Scott's "There. Enjoy"

It was such a nice gesture... something small yet meaningful. Mitch offered his plate withouth hesitation "Thank you. You are a really kind person you know that?"

"Because I offered my food in exchange of your's?" Mitch laughed

"That too, but also because of what you're doing to Kirstin. You don't like dogs yet you sacrafice your time and effort in order to help your friend" Scott explained his train of thought "That shows how big your heart is"

"Well thanks" Mitch couldn't help but smile at Scott's nice words. "You too are kind. You're doing the same for me as I do for Kirstin. Help me withouth asking for anything"