Day 0: How it Happened

*If you know me in real life get the fuck out of here and don't say shit about this to anyone*

"How's it going, Angel?" I ask my best friend over the phone, " What are you doing right now?"

" Nothing much I'm just going home right now," Angel replied, " If you want you can come over and play a few board games or something."

"Sure, why not," I say before remembering something, "but will your brother be there?"

"I don't think so," she replied as if she was trying to remember something, " but if he is he'll likely be cooped up in his room."

"If you say so I'll trust you," I told her, " I'll be over soon, I'll go ahead and bring my poker chips and cards."

" You can just let yourself in with the spare key I gave you, can't wait to see you!" Angel said before hanging up.

I started gathering all of my stuff, poker chips, and cards. I grabbed a few extra snacks that I thought Angel would like. After I made sure that I had everything I needed I grabbed my keychain and hopped into my car. I started the engine and got on the road. Driving there all I thought about was her brother, being around him always made me nervous. A part of me hoped he would stay in his room, but a part of me also hoped I would get to see him and maybe talk to him.

When I got there, I didn't see Angel's car in the driveway, but I did see Justin's car. I made a silent prayer to myself before grabbing all of my stuff and using the spare key she gave me to unlock her door and let myself in. When I walked in the first thing, I saw was her brother on the couch reading a book. 

"Fuck! why couldn't he be in his room or something?" I thought to myself.

Before I said anything Justin spoke up.

"Angel won't be here for another ten to fifteen minutes," Justin said without looking up from his book, "It might be longer due to traffic conditions." 

" Thanks for telling me," I replied, "I'll try again in an hour or two."

Justin looked up and stared at me for what felt like hours.

" You can stay and wait for her if you would like to," He replied after what seemed like a decade, "It would be pointless to just leave and come back again."

"I really wouldn't want to be a bother to you," I hastily replied.

"It wouldn't be a bother at all," He said, " and I'm pretty sure that Angel would be mad at me if she didn't see you here when she came back."

"Okay then," I said, " is it okay if I sit down?"

"Sure thing," Justin said before scooting over.

I hesitated a bit before finally sitting next to him on the couch. Right after I sat down, I placed my bag on the floor in between us. I wasn't sure if he wanted to make small talk with me, so I just started scrolling on my phone. 

" Do you play poker?" Justin asked which startled me.

" Sometimes I play a few rounds with your sister," I replied, " We were planning to play today but she's stuck in traffic as you said."

After I said that I got a call from Angel. I picked her call, putting her on speaker in case she needed to tell her brother something.

"Hey, is something wrong?" I asked her.

"There was an accident on the highway," Angel said sounding annoyed, " I might be on the road for about another thirty minutes or so."

"Do you know what happened?" I asked with concern, " Are you okay?"