𝐒𝐎𝐋..

llxcifers / izabela presents,
from The Omega Wars Universe,
" SOL "

" the cosmos is all that is
or ever was or ever will be.
our feeblest contemplations
of the cosmos stir us — there
is a tingling in the spine,
a catch in the voice,
a faint sensation,
as if a distant memory,
or falling from a height.
we know we are approaching
the greatest of mysteries. "

Carl Sagan, Astronomer

          THOUGH AN ARMY OF SCIENTISTS had begun publicly mitigating the glory behind the strings which pull the universe into its godly motion, there are still a few concepts which none dared touch, a handful of theories which none challenged to ...

          THOUGH AN ARMY OF SCIENTISTS had begun publicly mitigating the glory behind the strings which pull the universe into its godly motion, there are still a few concepts which none dared touch, a handful of theories which none challenged to prove, for to admit to the forces beyond human understanding, to trust in a superiority of the cosmic unseen went against all which in the 1920s laid the foundation to a nationwide awakening towards the potential behind numbers, wires and flacons.

In the equation of big names and valuable minds, Joanna Parrion was the speck of dust flying around a chalk filled blackboard. Nothing but an eighteen year old girl, cleaning the corridors, bathrooms and classrooms of Princeton University, in the glory years when Albert Einstein was a Professor of Theoretical Physics there, Joanna was the very embodiment of an insignificant dust particle, travelling at the mere chaotic tugs of energies beyond anyone's control, that were barely beginning to be defined.

What they, the greatest scientists of mankind, dared not give name to was what drove her, the insignificant speck of dust, to squint at the boards of the classrooms she cleaned, to read and keep all student notes she had to pick off the ground, and to one day, in the faithful end of 1933, solve an equation left unfinished while a boy with determination and wonder in his eyes returned for his forgotten pen.

Two particles of dust, against all odds, met.
And the whole world changed because of it.

Howard Stark, a seventeen year old prodigy who lied his way out of the flith of a poor life in Rinchford, New York, onto the hallowed grounds of that very university in which he was about to thrive, intoxicated himself on the first sniff of greatness as he stared into Joanna's wide eyes.

From that moment, they were inseparable, equally enchanted: her by his bold mischief, him by her mad wanderlust. Friends, colleagues, business partners. Stark Industries was born at the dawn of a Second World War, but the simple complexity behind their entanglement seemed eternal.

December 16th, 1939. At 1:54 in the morning, as they drank from the cheapest bottle of wine, like their six year old tradition demanded, Joanna looked up at the stars, a clear night sky looking back at her. Mystery hooded her expression; he could have unlocked the whole world, yet she would forever remain an unspoilt enigma, rivaling the riddles of the cosmos.