Chapter one

J: Junior
T: Tori
B: Burnham
R: Raoul
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A man enters a four-story brownstone located on the Upper West Side of New York City. He gets in on the top floor. He's about to go down-stairs when he notices a night-light plugged-in in the bathroom, as well as womans' shower products placed along the floor. He heads back up-stairs with a puzzled look on his face and checks each of the rooms on the top floor. He walks past one of the rooms and notices a dim light shining through. Curious, he peers inside the room, to find a young girl asleep in a bed. Suddenly, the girl twitches in her sleep and the man quickly, but quietly, backs out of the room in disbelief. back to him. He goes down to the second floor to see if there are any other people living in the house, but he finds no one. He finally heads down to the bottom floor, taking a set of keys out of his pocket and glances behind him to check that no one is in the kitchen before going across to the front door.

"C'mon, c'mon!" Demands a second man, with his hair braided down the back of his head, who is standing outside, " Fucking Christ, amateur."

The first man unlocks the front door.

"We got a problem, Junior.." He stammers, as the other man carries two black bags inside and dumps them on the floor.

"Freezing my tits off out there!" Junior interrupts, stretching and letting out a sigh. Suddenly there's a tap on the window from outside. The two men turn their heads and see a third man at the window. Junior signals to him with his fingers to come through the front door.

"Who is that?" Asks the first man, slightly irritated.

"This is Raoul" Junior replies casually.

"Who the fuck is Raoul?!"

Junior walks towards the front door and opens it. "Raoul is okay. Raoul has experience."

"Where'd you get him?" The man questions nervously.

"Through some people" Junior chews the gum that's in his mouth and opens the door, glancing behind him as he does so. He then stares in shock at the boxes, furniture and bikes, as well as the dirty dishes beside the kitchen sink. "Hey.." He starts, as he walks towards them.

"No shit." Comments the first man, glancing at Raoul, who has a balaclava on to hide his face.

"What the fuck is this?!" questions Junior, in a loud, whisper.

"There's a girl on the top floor, she's asleep" Informs the first man.

"She isn't supposed to be here!" Exclaims Junior, trying to work things out in his head.

"This is your department-"

"She is not supposed to be here!" Repeats Junior.

The two men discuss the situation for a while, whilst Raoul leans again the wall.

The first man shakes his head and walks over to collect a bag and says "I'm outta here."

Junior panics and turns around to confront him, "Look, Burnham wait, just... just... wait a minute, wait a minute, we can handle this, we can handle this!" He turns to Raoul, "Can't we handle this?"

"It's just a girl." States Raoul, dryly.

"Can we do it?" Asks Junior

Raoul nods and says "Yeah, we can do it"