Chapter 2

Junior crouches down and starts singing to himself while looking through one of the bags he brought with him. "Okay, here's the plan..." He says, signalling with his fingers for the other two men to come over. They crouch down beside him and listen to him discuss which tools they're going to need. That's when the water turns on in the kitchen and a cupboard door closes.

"What the-" Starts Burnham.

"Shh, shh!" Interrupts Junior as he silently creeps over to the kitchen counter that's separating the large, square hall and the kitchen. He peers over the bench and sees a girl who looks to be in her late-teens, standing in a pair of pyjama shorts and a vest-top.

"Fuck!" He silently mutters to himself.

He turns around to crawl back over to Raoul and Burnham, who are already standing up and watching the girl.

She takes a drink out of the glass and turns around to go back up the stairs, first of all having to walk into the hall area. She sees the three men and freezes, gasping as she does so. She stares at them, wide-eyed.

Tori looks towards the stairs and runs as fast as she can to try and get up them. She doesn't even make it top the first step as Raoul grabs her from behind, covering her mouth with his hand

"Who are you?" Demands Junior. Tori struggles under Raoul's grasp.

"Answer the question." Advises Raoul, "You have three seconds."

Tori attempts to bite Raoul's hand, but fails and the side of her face is met with the palm of Raoul's hand.

She cries out in shock.

Burnham steps forward, moving closer to Raoul.
"You don't ever hit a woman!" He threatens.

"The little bitch wasn't gonna talk!" He says in his defence. He looks towards Junior for support but Junior just keeps chewing his gum.

"Tell us your name." Encourages Burnham.

She hesitates before answering, "Tori."

"Well fucking done genius!"
Burnham yells at Junior

Tori glances over at the kitchen sink where her cell-phone is sitting. 'If I could just get over there, she thinks, I could call the police.'

"She aint gonna be no trouble" assures Burnham.

"Like hell she isn't!" Replies Raoul.

"Aw c'mon, if she was going to be difficult she'd of screamed the house down by now." Adds Junior.

"Fine." Says Raoul, shoving her over towards Junior, "you're responsible for her now."

"Wait, what?" Says Junior, "no, no, no, I didn't mean-"

Raoul and Burnham were already heading towards the stairs.

"Fuck!" Shouts Junior.

"Um, I need to get a drink" Says Tori.

"You got a drink like five minutes ago." Replies Junior.

"I'll be quick" She says.

Junior sighs before saying, "Okay... But don't try anything!" he starts pacing.

Tori walks over to the kitchen sink and turns on the tap. She picks up her phone and pretends to reach up high into a cupboard while dialling the number.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hey!" Shouts Junior, before running over to her.
She stays on the phone and runs away from him around the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Junior snatches the phone out of her hand and throws it on the ground, stamping on it three times, until its simply a pile of plastic and wires. She hears shouts from upstairs. She tries to get up the stairs but Junior grabs her arms and twists them behind her back. He pushes her over towards the two bags he brought with him. He reaches in and pulls out a roll of duct-tape. He bites off a bit and sticks it across Tori's mouth.

"There'll be no more out of you!" He says. He then tapes her hands behind her back. She narrows her eyes at him and let's out a few noises of protest. He then gets her to sit on the floor with her back against the bannister.

He places his thumb under her chin and tilting her head up so she is looking at him.

When she calms down he takes the tape off.

"What do you want, anyway?" She questions.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about it!" He says, tapping her on the tip of her nose with his index finger. "Okay, c'mon." He says, helping her to her feet, "but don't try anything like what you did back there again." He warns.

As they started to walk up the stairs they heard a gun shot.

"Shit!" Junior yelled