Will you be mine

Neteyam used to be next in line to be chief of his clan. Now he is living with the Metkayina clan, with the next chief being Ao'nung. Ao'nung's coming of age party was this week and everyone was running around in a panic. This also meant Ao'nung would be happy to find his mate now.

Neteyam was floating in the water on his Ilu not really going anywhere. It was the calmest place right now as everyone was preparing. He starred off into the distance until he felt the waves move more then before. They had been living here for about 2 months now and Neteyam had learned to feel the current of the water beneath him. Turning his head to the side he watched for whoever was coming his way. That's when he saw him, Ao'nung, riding his Ilu straight to him. He couldn't help but stare. He was so graceful, the way he body looked as the water splashed on him. The braids in his hair pulled up in his famous bun, the way his eye shined in the sun. He was breath taking. Neteyam would never say this out loud though, because if any feeling were there at all ..they would not be reciprocated. Ao'nung need to find a girl his parents would love and would care for him.

Just then he was snapped out of his thoughts by water splashing up on him. It took him by surprise her look at the source the water was coming from.

"You where starring. Lost in thought maybe?"

Neteyam didn't answer right away. He was awestruck by the smile on the boys face.

"Ya sorry I guess I was."

"No need to be sorry. So why aren't you helping your siblings with the party. They seem excited?"

Neteyam looked away. Why wasn't he? Because he was supposed to get this? Because Ao'nung would find his mate after? Because everything was all happening at once? He decided on the first one because he didn't want to think of the other options. He looked back at Ao'nung.

"This time next month would have been mine if we would have never left home"

He looked at Ao'nung in the eyes. He watched them soften at what he said.

"You know sometimes I forget we were once in the same boat."

He was right. We were once in the same boat. But now Neteyam is just a member of the clan. No big responsibility, besides taking care of his siblings and making his family happy. But still, he was home sick and longed for the spot he once dreaded taking. Neteyam would still be coming of age next month, but he wouldn't get this. His family would celebrate and the people would know. But nothing like the party they are throwing for the next in line.

"Wanna race?"

Neteyam looked over at the boy who asked. His eyes were still soften like he was trying to understand how he was feeling. But deep down he new he never would.

"To where?"

There was a pause.

"Never mind, just fallow me"

So Neteyam did. He fallowed Ao'nung tell he was brought to a rock section on the other side of the island. It was more of a rocky sand beach, but when he finally looked around from where he was looking at Ao'nung's back, he saw trees. Lots of trees. They got off there Ilus and found there way onto the beach.

"What is this place?" Neteyam looked around.

"This is our tree grove. I know it's not your home, but I thought it might help with your home sickness."

Neteyam walked over to a tree put his hand on it. They we're different then the ones at home. But it felt nice. Felt grounded, like he did at home. This was sweet, but why would he bring him here?

"Why? Why did you bring me here?"

"I wanted you to feel better I guess. My whole coming of age has put a strain on your heart."