chapter 22

abby woke up to see balloons covering the floor, she checked her phone to respond to birthday messages. after about 10 minutes percy entered the room with breakfast and bed.

he ordered her to eat and get ready because he had things planned.

about an hour later she had gotten up and ready to go, her and percy left their apartment and began going for a walk. he was guiding her to the first destination of the day.

finally, they arrived at the local cemetery where there was a blanket laid out with charcuterie and canvases. percy knew that abby loved to paint and although he wasn't confident in his art skills, he knew that it would make abby insanely happy.

abby almost started crying when she saw what percy had set up for her. she thanked him and the two spent their afternoon enjoying each others company and painting together.

after they had finished at the cemetery, they had to go film a couple of scenes. so they made their way to the set.

upon arrival to the set, no one was to be seen. it didn't make sense, today was a filming day wasn't it?

suddenly the cast and crew members shot out from behind set pieces "surprise!!"

surprise was right, no one had ever cared about abby's birthday before.

the boys brought out a birthday cake and everyone sang in unison. abby was so happy and touched.

after cake abby went to hair and makeup to get ready, then she returned to the cast to film a couple of scenes.

after filming percy informed abby that they had dinner reservations in town and then the cast was throwing her a proper birthday party. abby had never felt so special and loved.

at dinner the two enjoyed each others company getting absorbed in conversation.

"percy" abby spoke

"mhm?" he responded through a sip of wine

"thank you so much for today, you actually made me like my birthday" abby smiled

"my pleasure kid" he said grabbing her hand and bringing it to his mouth to place a soft kiss on the back of it.

after dinner abby went home to change, then her and percy made their way to the party. she enjoyed drinks and playful banter with all of her friends. when suddenly she felt her phone vibrate.

abby looked at who was calling her, then stood on her tippy toes and spoke into percy's ear over the music "lola's calling me, im gonna go to the bathroom so i can hear her"

"okay babe" he grinned, kissing her goodbye.

abby shut the door behind her and hit answer on the call. "hey bitch"

"sup slut, how's ur birthday going?" lola shouted

"it's been great, i wish u were here" abby chimed "hey how come ur yelling"

suddenly someone knocked at the door "one second" abby said to the person on the other side of the door

"i'm in the club partying for u but wanted to talk to u before you went to bed" lola explained