One-Shot Twenty-Seven: Merry Christmas

A/N:
This is so late but thank u so much for waiting! (unrelated but s/o to Taylorswiftalwyn bc they're so supportive ily <3) (whoah 916 words)

12/25/22
Sunday 2:09 AM.

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up!" the voice of Gia filled what seemed like the whole house as the six-year-old bounded into her parents' bedroom excitedly. (cmon don't b shy wake them up *insert demon emoji*)

She held her stuffed dolphin high over her head as she bounced on her parents' bed over and over.

"Gia! Go to sleep!" Joe groaned, putting his pillow over his face.

"But it's Christmas!" Gia jumped off the bed and, at first, Joe felt like he could get more sleep. But that was really only a short time.

Christmas Tree Farm started blaring through the speakers of the TV, waking both him and his girlfriend.

"What time is it?" Taylor asked, all groggy from lack of sleep. (slay queen)

"It is two in the fuckin' morning." Joe's voice was muffled due to his face being buried under his pillow and the mattress.

"Gia, baby, why are you up this early?" Taylor rubbed her eyes.

"Because it's Christmas!" Gia shrieked excitedly.

"Calm yourself down, G, we don't want to wake up Eli, do we?" Taylor gestured to the crib near a drawer set, where their one-year-old slept soundly, undisturbed, currently with all three cats cuddled up beside him.

The child shook her head.

"Now, it's still pretty early, but I'm sure Santa's already come," Taylor paused as Gia screamed excitedly. "but, why don't we wait until daddy wakes up? He's a sleepy-head." Taylor giggled and held out her arms.

"Okay!" Gia nodded with a smile as she climbed onto her mom's lap.

Taylor wrapped her arms around her daughter and stroked her back.

Gia looked up at Taylor. "Mom, what do you think Santa got me?"

"I don't know, darling," Taylor lied, knowing full well what Santa got her kid.

Gia had started to fall asleep as Taylor kept stroking her back.
————

9:43 AM

Gia's legs swung off her chair as she and her mom and dad ate breakfast.

Meredith and Benjamin were playfighting in the living room, next to the tree. Olivia was off somewhere in the house, most likely eating.

"I can't wait to see what Santa got me!" Gia enthused.

"Well, finish eating so you can go and see!" Joe rubbed Taylor's thigh with his thumb.

Gia smiled, quickly wolfing down her pancakes and jumped from her seat.

"Can we go open them now?"

"I don't see why not." Joe shrugged, grinning.

"Yay!" Gia ran to the tree and took the first present that she saw her name on, which was from her mom and dad.

Taylor let Eli run after his sister and Joe gave him a present addressed to him. Benjamin cuddled up beside him, purring as Eli stroked his fur before ripping his present open.

Taylor beamed and picked her phone up, taking a video of the three.

"Guitar!" Gia shrieked as she picked up the little toy guitar from the box. It was a pink Toys R Us brand with little hearts on it, and the six little strings could actually be tuned. Gia had, unsurprisingly, taken after her mother and showed lots of interest in music, even at a young age. Though, Taylor had gotten her guitar while she was four years older than Gia, she thought it must've been time, even if it was just a toy. At least she could play with it, and as long as she's happy. ("even" count: too many)

"I. Am. Happy!" Gia screamed, out of breath as she ran to her mom and hugged her. This was Taylor's favourite part; seeing them happy.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You're welcome, my love!"

Now it was Eli shrieking with happiness. He'd just opened a kid-sized canvas and non-toxic watercolours. He loved to paint, draw, and tear things apart... by now, Taylor and Joe were sure the whole house was covered with Crayola, but again, as long as they were happy.

After opening a toy piano set—Eli—an Octonauts toy set—Gia—and more Crayolas—Eli, Gia handed Joe, who sat on the couch, a badly wrapped little box.

"For you, daddy!" she said as Eli had started to get Crayola all over the carpet as Taylor watched with a smile.

"Oh, what's this?" asked Joe as he took it.

"Just open it, daddy!"

Taylor suddenly looked up. Setting Eli on her lap, she felt a brighter beam tugging at her lips as Joe opened the box and found... another box. Except this time, it was velvet, like one that would normally contain a ring.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Taylor.

Taylor glanced back and shrugged, gesturing for him to open it..

Joe opened it, and of course, he found a ring. A beautiful golden one.

"Taylor..."

"Well, since you won't propose, I'll do it myself," Taylor said smugly, kneeling and taking the ring, one worthy of a ring for marriage.

"Joseph Matthew Alwyn, you've made me feel like the luckiest woman on earth these past six years, and right now, will you make me the happiest woman in the universe by marrying me?"

Joe nodded as tears welled up in his eyes. "I mean, yeah. Sure. Why the shit not?"

Taylor beamed and slid the ring on his finger, holding up her own hand, showing a golden ring the exact same, tears blurring her vision.

Gina screamed happily, Eli remained unbothered, more Crayola now on the carpet.

A/N:
      I decided to take requests bc I wanna write what u wanna read so feel free to comment here or pm! :)