🫶🏽 • 365 days

"will, i love you. i love you so much. but you need to let go..."

"...i don't want to."

———

WILL'S POV

365 days...
365 days without your smile...

I was sitting on my couch, waiting for her to arrive. This had been my first date ever and I couldn't have been anymore nervous. I mean this girl... she's truly something else. I guess it was noticeable that I was nervous because my mom came over to me and sat down next to me.

"Is everything alright," she asked.

"Yeah.. I'm just a little nervous I guess," I say.

"Don't be. You've known this girl since like 3rd grade. There nothing to be nervous about."

"But things are different now. We're not just hanging out like we used to. We're going on an actual date."

"Yes but-"

We hear a knock on the door. I quickly stand up and look at the door. My mom walks over to it and looks through the peephole. She turns to me a smiles. She opens the door and I hear her voice.

"Hi Joyce!"

"Hi honey! Here come in."

My mom opens the door and moves out of the way so she could walk in. The moment I saw her my heart started racing. I was 10x more nervous than I originally was. She looks at me and smiles.

oh how pretty her smile is...

365 days...
365 days without your touch...

*flashback to 3rd grade*

It's my first day of 3rd grade. I'm extremely nervous. I don't know many people. I don't have many friends. And school is boring.

I walk into my new class and just sit in a random seat. More kids start to walk in and fill up the empty seats. I start to realize that no one else is sitting at the table I'm sitting at. I look around and see all the kids talking to each other at the tables while I'm by myself. Besides the seats at my table, all of them are filled up. Except for one. I started debating whether I should sit at that table or not. But I decide against it.

My eyes start watering and I look down. I put my head on the table and close my eyes. I hear the door open meaning another person walked in. I decided to keep my head down because they probably are just gonna sit at the last seat left at that other table. But to my surprise, I hear someone throw their stuff on ground and sit in the seat next to me. I pick up my head and look at the person. It's a girl. She looks at me back and smiles.

"Hi! My name is Y/N. I'm new to this school. What's your name?"

I look at her for a second before I answer. I just can't believe she actually chose to sit next to me.

"My- uh- my name is Will."

She smiles even wider than she did before