12: Beatrice

I didn't know what happened.

As far as I could gather till now, I passed out for a day and half. Allen also told me that I fought well. Way too well. He wouldn't tell me anything else. No one else would.

I remember my last thoughts: I'm not in control.

I do not know.

Bored of sitting in my bunk for a day, I decided to go out.

The day was clear. Sun shining, a few clouds scattered. Warm wind blew, birds chirped. Everyone went on with their normal activities.

"Hi!" A cheerful voice got me out of my thoughts.

I looked at the owner of the voice. It was a girl with short fiery red hair, dark blue eyes and pale skin. She had a small smile on her face. 

"I'm Dahlia. You're Beatrice, right?"

I nodded, "Bea."

"Right, so Bea... uh..'kay, this so so awkward. I don't know how to start-" she kept mumbling to herself.

"Did you," I asked, "Want to tell my something?"

"Yeah-" she chewed her lips nervously, "-I'll tell you later, yeah?"

I raised an eyebrow but agreed, nevertheless. 

After that strange encounter, I walked around aimlessly. I was kind of surprised to find people ignoring me.

They didn't make it very obvious, but one could always know. They would change course, even direction of their path, they didn't want to be near me. 

Why?

I didn't know. I didn't care, honestly. For some reason, I felt drained. I didn't know what I was doing. I felt like I was in a dream. And I wanted to escape.

I decided it at that moment: I'll leave.