Author's Note

Dear reader,

Welcome to The Sinuous Bargain of a Cowardly Prince. I'm happy you've found this book, and do hope you enjoy. A few things before you begin, though:

**This first draft is currently undergoing edits. Because I have plans to self-publish this in the near future (!!), I am only allowing a small portion to be accessed on Wattpad. Thank you for understanding.

Old Author's Note:

As this was written in an online word processor, you may encounter formatting issues and typos. Should you run across either, please let me know and I'll promptly fix them. By Launching this story online, I'm hoping to improve my writing and storytelling skills, so I'll be rapidly repairing and editing to make this the best draft it can be. As such, you are guaranteed to run into plot holes or inconsistencies, what with this being a first draft. If you do catch one or two or (Lord forbid) more, please kindly let me know. I will be making notes and fixing things soon.

Note: each chapter ends with a banner resembling the cover. Sometimes Wattpad glitches and cuts chapters short; you'll know you've reached the end when you see the banner.

Thank you for taking the time to read this fantasy adventure fabling an elf and a prince who meet under untimely circumstances. I hope you enjoy.

~eatingher_words

―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―

Blurb

Since birth, Prince Ramiel has hidden behind his dragon-slaying brother's shadow, unbeknownst to the kingdom of Arioch. With no legacy or reputation to uphold, he's grown comfortable with his anonymity.

Unfortunately, his peaceful nonexistence ends when war kills the crown prince. Ramiel quickly discovers that only one person can fill the hole his brother left behind--and it might not be who he thinks.

He now has three months to prove himself to his father, King Azriel, before the coronation of a new crown prince. His worth depends on his ability to harness magic, so the king tasks him with enlisting a master who can train him to fight using this powerful and abundant resource.

In his search for a teacher, he meets Ether, a young female elf who passionately agrees to take him under her wing.

The two must work together to prove Ramiel's value to the king. But in a war-torn world founded on thoughtless laws and dark magic, history has a habit of repeating itself...