𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

The devil attacks Himeno good thing she manages to dodge

The devil attacks Himeno good thing she manages to dodge. She jumps out of its attack and lands beside Selena and the others

"Crap... it got even bigger!"

"It's... no use... this is not... ...my real body. my heart is not here. this is inside my stomach... my weak point is not on the eighth floor... making a contract with me is the only way you can leave alive."

Aki, Power, Denji, Selena, and Himeno look at the devil as it grows with a sweat drop. Everyone was silent for a few minutes until Denji decided to break it with him saying,

"Whatever! even if they kill me, you're not gonna let them out anyway!"

Himeno looks at him and explains how the contract with devils work.

"No, it will. the devil called it a contract. when devils use it, the word contract has a lot of power. if one party honors the contract, the other party has to honor it too. when you don't hold up your end of the deal, you die. So it's true we can get out of here if we kill you."

Denji was silent while Himeno explain things to him. Nobody said a word while Himeno was explaining things to Denji.

"Miss Himeno, we should kill him..."

Arai appeared out of nowhere while a blanket was covering him like a burrito. 'Little burrito man'. Arai continues what he was saying and even told them his plan.

"We can kill him for now...-..and come up with a counterplan after we get out... at this rate, we'll all starve to death right here in the hotel... devil hunters making contracts with devils is legal! the wisest course of action is to accept the devil's contract!"

While he was explaining multiple bids of sweat are running down his face.

"No! I won't accept this plan whatsoever! Sure we will gain some benefit but that devil will gain more than we gain! So I'm sorry but I won't accept this decision of yours"

Himeno and Aki look at Selena who was suddenly lashing out about Arai's plan. The girl must have known something, For her to react like this.

"Then, I won't accept this contract"

"Me neither then"

Arai tries to reason more but Power, The blood fiend suddenly appears in front of Denji with her hands doing a peace sign.

"I'm on team kill Denji!"

"Seriously...?"

Denji looks at Power with a poker face. Power moves forward her face towards Denji.

"I have a nobel prize-winning idea, but I can't reveal it if I can't get out of here! die for my nobel prize."

"Fiends and devils can't make contracts with each other. even if you did kill Denji, the devil wouldn't be obligated to let you out."

Power moves closer to Denji and uses his shoulder as her headrest. She gives Aki, Who was just done explaining things a bored look.

"Anyway, we aren't killing Denji. we're devil hunters. we only kill
devils."

"Tch! I'm bored! wanna wrestle?"

Power looks at her buddy Denji and asks him a question to which his Buddy replied,

"No! you're always trying to kill me!"

Himeno, Aki, Selena, and Denji stayed and the other side of the hallway. Himeno was laying on the floor while observing the devil, Aki was sitting beside the wall while using it as its backrest, Denji was sitting in the middle of the corridor while also looking at the devil while Selena was sitting at the opposite of Denji while using his back as her backrest.

Honestly speaking Selena doesn't know what was happening in her surroundings her stomach was growling uncontrollably. You probably know this feeling, That feeling that whenever you feel so hungry that you can't think properly. This is one of those feelings for Selena. She can't help but to stare at the floor silently while cursing herself.

'I shouldn't have dropped that corndog... Huh? I also... Mother...'

Selena can hear Arai and Kobeni yelling at each other but it was super blurry.

"I know you're a spy!!!"

'Spy?... Me?... When?..."

It wasn't when someone grabs her that she snaps out of herself. It was Denji. She started running properly, The room started tilting while they are running, luckily they manage to get in one of the rooms.

"GIVE ME DENJI'S HEART!!!"

Selena immediately looks down at the eternity devil.

"What just happened?"

Selena looked at the three beside her were also looking at the devil. No one answered.

The nervous Kobeni manages to move closer to them along with also nervous Arai and Power, Who was chasing them.

"Someone kill Denji!! Please!! Kill him!"

"We're really on a trouble now... Let's feed him to the devil!!"

Selena, Who was really against the idea looks at them furiously.

"Really?! Why don't you both calm down first so the devil wouldn't feed on both of your fears?!"

Aki looks at Selena before looking down at the devil. This is his first time since joining the private devil hunter seeing Selena so angry. She's been mad before but not much as this.

"I'll use the sword... Do I have your permission, Himeno?"

Selena, Who was just busy giving the newbies a little lecture suddenly looks at Aki.

"No Aki! We won't use your sword! Hime- Great job Himeno-senpai!"

Selena said. Selena said 'Great job' after Himeno summons her contracted ghost right hand to capture Aki, Not allowing him to use his sword.

Denji was shocked by this turn of events. He looks at Himeno and asks what she was doing. Himeno told Denji that if Aki were to use the sword they probably can get out but it will use Aki's life span.

Arai suddenly runs and puts Denji on the ground. Kobeni attacks try to Attack Denji with her knife but Aki, Who just manages to escape Himeno's ghost hand's grip uses his body as a shield against Denji.

"ENOUGH!!"

Kobeni's Knife suddenly was sliced into bits and pieces. The group follows the claw that sliced at Kobeni's bloody knife. The hand belongs to Selena, Who was transformed into her devil form. It can only last a few minutes an hour at least.

Everytime i write Selena being hungry i was actually imagining Roromiya Kurata while she was eating.

She's from the anime/manga Inu x Boku.