◈001◈

-Bristlefrost POV-

"No!" I yowled but I was too late. Shadowsight had been pushed in but had brought Ashfur with him. I rushed over to the water. No, no, no. This can't be real. And when the water went still and the last bubble popped on the surface I knew. But no! No! Shadowsight can't be, not when they were all supposed to be friends and talk together at gatherings, be the best of friends while still being loyal to their clans. No! He won't be! But he is gone.

Shadowsight was gone, gone! No StarClan, not even getting to walk the world. I stared at Rootspring, his kind, loving face I knew was now covered in shock, pure shock and pain.

"He's gone," Rootspring said it like a question. I walked over to him and pressed my muzzle into his fur. I wanted to yowl out all my pain to the dark, cloudy sky. To the treetops above. It should have been me who had died not Shadowsight. But then what would Rootspring do? What would happen when I was gone? I couldn't let myself think like that. It will only bring me to a darker place in my mind.

"I could have saved him" the guilt felt like it was enough to crush me. Ashfur was gone, but at what price? The memory burned like the sun in my mind, Shadowsight had woken up when Ashfur was about to shove him off and grabbed his forearm dragging him in at the final second. Then they fell. The battle had stopped, and the world seemed to stop. I ran to the edge of the water, the ripples had quieted and it was still and the water was receding, I hoped desperately for his body to reveal itself, but it never did. It only showed cold bare ground. Rootspring had walked over and was in complete shock. They would never see their dear friend again.

"Ashfur's gone!" the shock in the tom's voice made her want to claw off his pelt. The battle was slowing. Dark forest cats receding to the shadows of the woods. Rootspring was beside her murmuring calming words to her, but the shock was too much.

"We're free! The wall between us is gone!" Leafpool called out. But at what cost? I thought, Tigerstar. Tigerstar would be every emotion from sadness to anger. What would he do? And who would he blame for his son's death? WindClan? No. RiverClan? Never. SkyClan? Possible. But ThunderClan, I could have saved Shadwosight if I would have been fast enough.

"-Would you like to see StarClan, after all, I think you guys deserved it for saving the clans" Leafpool was saying. I had zoned out while she was talking. Thinking about all the "ifs." A chorus of yes followed her question. I looked at the Dark Forest cats who had helped fight Ashfur.

"Will you be coming?" I asked them as we all began walking towards the entrance to StarClan. They all shared a look

"Do you think they even want us there?" Maggottail asked Silverhawk and Juniperclaw.

"Probably not" Silverhawk muttered with eyes so narrowed they could see your soul. I didn't know what they were thinking but I hoped they would come.

"We should at least say goodbye" Juniperclaw mewed. " And thank them for helping take down The Imposter"

Maggottail glared at Juniperclaw. "Shouldn't they be thanking us?" He hissed.

"They saved the Dark Forest, the least we can do is thank them. even if we don't belong in StarClan" Junipercalw mewed. I was surprised that Juniperclaw had even stuck up for StarClan given that didn't let him join.

Maggottail stiffened. "yeah, well shouldn't that be thanking us?" he hissed anger edging his meow. "Come on Silverhawk, Juniperclaw has just become another wanna-be StarClan cat and a waste of our time to deal with." Maggottail stalked away with Silverhawk at his side. The two of them were muttering about StarClan knows what.

Juniperclaw stood there. "Hey, I think what you said was right. But we should thank you, even the whole of StarClan should thank you, you risked your place just being able to live to help us and take down Ashfur. So thank you for helping us take down Ashfur. Thank you." I meant what I said to Juniperclaw, I just wish I could thank all the cats who had helped take down the Imposter. "Now come on or we're going to get left behind or you want to stay here?" I asked Juniperclaw.

"Yeah," he said still looking back to where Maggottail and Silverhawk had disappeared into the forest. "Come on or we're going to get left behind, just like you said," Juniperclaw said still sounding out of it. I hoped that Juniperclaw wasn't going to get hurt when he goes back to the dark Forest. He seemed to be sorry for what he did when he was with the clans.

Rootspring stood at the entrance to StarClan's territory along with the rest of the group. They all seemed to be waiting for me and Juniperclaw. Crowfeather for once seemed to be excited to go or do something like he wanted to see a special someone. Almost every cat in the clans knew how Crowfeather had fallen in love with Feathertail from RiverClan. She felt sorry for the tom, he had lost the one cat that had seemed to make him happy.

As they walked into the StarClan I could see the light shining. I wondered will he be here, will Shadowsight be here?

"Do you think Shadowsight is going to be here? What if he isn't?" The pain in Rootspring's voice made me want to press against him and comfort him. He looked so hurt. They walked towards StarClan's entrance, the light was getting bigger and the smell coming from it smelled of fresh air. Not like the air in the Dark Forest. I wondered if you had to live there, would you ever get used to it? As we stepped near the light I began to see the mist that covered the hills with a light shining on the top. A light in the mist.

(1076 words for the first chapter! YAY! I should be posting one a week or so hopefully.*crosses fingers* but probably not this long. If you have any ideas for a villain or anything like that message me or comment. I would love to hear your ideas!)