◈002◈

-Rootspring POV-

If there are any mistakes I made with the story pls point them out, Also If you have any ideas pls just message me on my wall or comment. Also sorry for taking FOREVER to post this. Tysm for reading!

I stood there, Bristlefrost was beside me. She looked like I was the only thing holding her up. Bristlefrost looked so broken after losing her friend, Shadowsight. He had been great friends with the young med cat. They had both lost their dear friend Shadowsight during the fight in the Dark Forest. He had given his life for the clans and his place in StarClan. He would be honored in the clans for giving his life. 

"He's not here," Firestar said making me and Bristlefrost turn around. "I'm sorry, but if a cat dies in the Dark Forest they are gone." Firestar sounded so wounded and sad. Bristlefrost was pressed against me. Her eyes seemed to be hollow with grief. Bristlefrost dipped her head.

"Thank you for helping us take down Ashfur, but I don't feel like I should be here. I could have saved Shadowsight but I didn't get there in time." Bristlefrost voice cracked as she talked about Shadowsight. Did she blame herself for Shadowsights death? I don't know what I would do if Bristlefrost were gone. If she had saved Shadowsight would she have fallen in, would she not be here right now and Shadowsight would be? I hated thinking like this but I don't know what I would do if she were gone, gone forever.

"let all the cats who fought in the Dark Forest and StarClan come to gather" Firstar's voice rang."I would like to talk about the Warrior Code and how we are StarClan and the living clans can benefit from it being fit for them now." the cats below murmured in agreement.

As the cats started listing off parts of the Warrior Code.

"Defending all the clans should be first" Graystripe meowed. Firestar nodded.

"But each clan still has the right to be proud and independent . . . " Firestar said.

Needletail cut in, quoting another rule. "An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his or her battles unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense."

Eager murmurs ran around the cats gathered

"Kits and elders must be fed first." Silverstream offered

 Onestar flicked his tail. "A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night" Onestar meowed 

"No cat can neglect a kit in danger no matter if it's from a different clan or not" redtail meowed

One by one, the cats listed the rules of the warrior code, ordering them and recording them until every cat seemed satisfied. Only Skystar looked unconvinced. " So what are the rules on boundaries, does it come last now?"

Gray wing looked at the old SkyClan leader and meowed. "perhaps it should have come last along"

 He stiffened, as though ready to argue, then looked away. "Maybe your right" mumbled Skystar

Bristlefrost lifted her muzzle tentatively. " No cat has mentioned whether the rules out leader makes have the same power as the code," she said her muzzle lifted higher now. I got what she was saying. Bristlefrost had been fooled by the imposter and was tricked. I knew why she wanted to talk about this.

"Surely they must" Mistystar meowed. " How can they lead if their clan doesn't take their rules seriously?"

"Following our leader's rules hasn't worked in the past few moons." Stemleaf reminded her. "Ashfur used us being loyal to our leader against the clans"

I nodded. "The rules a leader makes are only as good as the leader who makes those rules." I meowed.

"A bad leader makes bad rules," Leafpool agreed.