Chapter 74: Coffee Housing & Drawing Dead

Kira's jaw dropped, for there, standing in the foyer with the wildest smiles on their faces, were none other than Liz and Beth, along with one of Eddie's friends, Matt. "Holy shit!" she exclaimed, worries immediately pushed to the back of her mind as she raced inside and threw her arms around her friends. "What the hell are you guys doing here?!"

"Um, hello? We've only been saying we were coming for, like, a year!" Liz laughed. "Did you think we were kidding?"

"Yes, actually!" Kira laughed.

"We all decided to take the whole of next week off since it's Thanksgiving break anyway, and come celebrate with you and Miller," Matt explained, giving her a side hug. "Where is that dick, anyway?"

"He's working on a project at school," Patricia chimed in. "He'll be back eventually."

The three newly arrived American's looked over Kira's shoulder at the quartet of British girls hovering by the doorway, and almost immediately, Patricia was being tackled into a hug by Beth. "Oh my god, I thought we'd never see you again after you shattered Eddie's heart and fled the country!" she laughed.

"Oh my god, Beth," Liz groaned.

"What? I'm joking! Kind of." Beth released the very stiff Patricia and fixed her with a radiant smile. "But seriously, it's great to see you again. And so nice to meet the rest of you in person!"

"We've heard so much about you," gushed Liz, zeroing in on Joy with a devious smile. "Especially you. Joy, is it?"

"Liz," Kira hissed warningly, embarrassment coloring her cheeks.

"That's me," giggled Joy. "All good things, I hope."

"The best things," Beth promised, and Matt rolled his eyes.

"Right. Let me guess based on who we were messaging... Joy, Mara, and... Willow?" he guessed, pointing between each of the girls. "Obviously, we all know Patricia."

She shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah, hello again," Patricia muttered.

"Wait, wait," Kira said, waving her hands as she tried to take it all in. "You guys brought them all here?"

Mara nodded proudly. "I know how much you and Eddie missed your friends back home, and from Skype calls I know how much these two"— she pointed between the Elisabeths fondly— "were desperate to see England, so I figured if I found them an Airbnb..."

"Because there was no way in hell Victor was going to let guests stay," Joy chuckled.

"Least of all any of our guests," Patricia added.

"And here we are!" cheered Liz. "All thanks to Mara... and Airbnb."

Kira teared up a little. "You guys!" she cried, opening her arms for a group hug. "Best birthday surprise ever!" With a few good natured eye-rolls they all hugged her back. "Sorry you probably flew out here for nothing, though. Our caretaker really hates our guts right now; doubt we'll be able to have any sort of party."

Mara and Joy exchanged subtly sly looks. "Don't worry about that," said Joy with a wink. "For now, why don't you lot head into town before Victor notices us loitering?"

"Yeah, you can show us around!" Beth exclaimed, smacking Kira lightly on the arm. "I saw some shops when we were dropping our stuff off that I gotta stick my nose into."

"Youse guys aren't gonna make me sit around while you try on shoes, are you?" Matt groaned.

"Boo!" crowed Beth. "You're no fun."

"I'll stay here, just the same. Maybe I can help with the... you know?" he trailed off, casting a questioning look at the other girls.

Mara's face, which had been shrouded all day since she'd learned of Jerome's deception, lit up, and she nodded. "Affirmative," she answered him, clapping her hands together. "Kira, you should definitely start showing your friends around town."