eight; power vs memory

Song of the Chapter: Power - Little Mix (sped up)

"Let yourself be gutted. Let it open you. Start there."

When Athena woke up that morning she was met with the unpleasant sound of her phone ringing, the buzzing resonating lightly on the night stand. She shimmied slightly out of Brett's grasp to grab her phone, accepting the call without even checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" Athena's groggy voice came through the line as she rubbed her face, Brett stirring lightly from above her letting out a groan.

"Athena you and Brett need to come to Scott's house." Liam's voice came through the line, not frantic or scared but just determined.

"Why Liam?" Thea rubbed her face lightly, feeling Brett's grip tighten on her before he moved out of the bed heading to the bathroom.

"Because we know what you are, and we know how to help you  control it." Athena perked up slightly at Liam's words.

"You know what I am?" Athena was suspicious but she knew Liam would never lie to her.

"Yes, hurry up." The girl was about to speak but Liam hung up before she even got the chance, Brett coming out of the bathroom seconds later.

"What was that all about." Brett grumbled lowly, rubbing his face as he slid back into bed next to the girl who just chuckled.

"We have to go to Scott's house." Athena looked down at the boy who had curled himself back into her lap, letting out a groan at her words.

"Why" Brett moaned into the girls stomach causing her to chuckle before rubbing his back.

"They know what I am, and how to help me." The boys head perked up at her words, a smile spreading across her face.

"Go get dressed then." Brett kissed her head lightly before going to his closet and getting dressed. The girl had stayed at his house enough times that she always made sure to have some spare clothes over there. Athena threw on a beige crop top with some jean shorts, pairing it with her beige converse, quickly tying her hair up into a ponytail, making sure to put on her amulet and quickly grabbing Brett's lacrosse hoodie before yelling at Brett to hurry up and heading out to the car.

 Athena threw on a beige crop top with some jean shorts, pairing it with her beige converse, quickly tying her hair up into a ponytail, making sure to put on her amulet and quickly grabbing Brett's lacrosse hoodie before yelling at Brett to hurry ...