In A Land Far Away [Ending #1]

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away...so far in fact that it's in a whole different universe. There lived a Prince, who loved adventure as much as he loved his family and his kingdom. He, like many of the princes' around, lived for their kingdom, fighting everyday for their people. He was different in many ways, he loved exploring, getting to know people, and loved seeing a palace full of smiling faces. His parents knew the moment he was born that he was special, he was meant for great things, they could feel it. And he did. Between studying and finding any adventure he could he still managed to stay responsible and take care of his kingdom. He never hated his life, he loved it in fact, he loved being able to help people. But sometimes he just wished...wished he could get away.

Not in a "I hate my life and I wanna disappear" more in a "I need a break" way. He had the weight of so much on his shoulders...and as much as he liked to pretend, he wasn't as strong as he made it seem. His kingdom has been going through a fair share of struggles and he just doesn't know how to help, what to do. But it is his job to know, he's supposed to know everything.

He doesn't know everything however.

He looks up to his parents and their love, he wanted that kind of love. Unconditional love. Love that's just...so pure and good. That's what he wanted. Someone he could come to and forget all his worries for at least a little while.

Problem was...he isn't like everyone else...he's different in more ways than one. In fact...he has his eye on one fairly popular Prince just like himself.

The Prince and him were close, even since they were kids. But a story as old as time, time passed and their relationship faltered heavily. Now they rarely see each other, but they're still all the other can think about.

They're meeting again today. All the kingdoms are coming by for a special event and the Prince...he knew it was his one shot to run away with his one true love.

The palace is crowded, people dancing and enjoying themselves. Meanwhile our prince is in search of his prince. Looking everywhere wondering where he might be...when it clicked. The place they used to go to when they were nothing but kids. Our prince ran with a happiness like no other.

He opened the door and shouted his name "Alex!" But no one was there to greet him. The empty space took our prince by surprise. He was sure his love was here waiting, he could feel him close.

He ran out of there before his heart could completely shatter. Running towards his parents he asked for his lover, where could he be. His parents with a grim expression sit him down and tell him the worst news of his life.

"He can't be..." was all he managed to utter. His heart was broken. His parents hugged him tightly, mourning with him. After some time he felt good enough to leave his parents embrace, he did not want to ruin their night. So he thanked them and walked away, "do not worry" he said.

His parents knew better, they knew he was hurting and there was not much they could do. They understood what it felt like to love...but they didn't understand what it felt like to lose that love.

Our prince walked back to their spot. Sitting down in his and letting it all out. For a second...just a second...he could hear "it's okay. I am here my prince" and suddenly he didn't feel so alone...