Under The Stars

It was the dead of night when my sweet prince grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. Reminders of the day we ran away together fresh on my mind.

To this day I never regretted that. It was the best decision I've ever made. Seeing his smile, his hands on top of mine, his warmth and his shining eyes, the perfect person for me.

He smiled, grabbing my waist and swaying me to no rhythm in particular. I giggled putting my hands on his shoulders "you brought me out here to dance?"

He did nothing but nod. He brought our bodies closer and we danced quietly in the dead of night, the only light being the stars and moon up in the sky.

"We haven't danced like this since we were little" he whispered into my ear. He was right, the last time we danced we were merely kids trying to practice our footing.

I chuckled "I remember" I said softly into the night air. It was chilly but not cold...that could be because my prince' warmth was enough to heat me up.

We continued to sway without saying a word. The silence was nice, we just enjoyed each other's company as we danced.

Once we stopped my prince held my cheek caressing it. The light from the moon shining on his face gave me just enough light to see the love in his eyes.

He leaned towards me, as did I and our lips connected in a passionate kiss.

"I have always loved you" "and I you"