1

Chishiya POV

I've been finding myself in the bar much too frequently, considering that I don't drink. Each time, I notice my eyes looking at one man in particular.

I see him approach a new girl for the night. It wasn't unexpected since he had a new one each week. They stand, preparing to leave. I let out a sigh, knowing it was my cue also. Suddenly, I feel an arm on my shoulder and turn to see him, his eyes glaring down at mine as he points his gun at me.

"What are you doing here? A smartass like you knows how to party?" He gave a small scoff.

"What about you? A dumbass like you only knows how to party." I glare back. I turn on one heel and start to walk away again, but he grabs the hoodie of my jacket and pulls me towards him.

Niragi comes close to my ear and whispers, "Come to the executive room in an hour."

I feel his breath linger on my ear and he returns to the girl he approached earlier. I quickly exit the bar and head to the pool. I see Kuina lying on one of the chairs. There are only a few people out at this hour.

"Where were you?" She asks when she spots me.

"The bar."

"Of course, Niragi has you acting differently." She motions me to sit on the chair next to her. "Don't think I don't notice the way you stare at him. Weird how he hasn't caught on yet."

"You're mistaken, and Niragi has nothing to do with me."

"I've seen you run off to the bar and your eyes follow wherever he is."

"Stop imagining things."

"Whatever you say your majesty."

Kuina knew she can't get through to me and dropped the subject. She began talking about how uncomfortable her bed has been lately and lots of other irrelevant things. After what seemed like eternity she looks over to me.

"Let's head back inside. Feels like I'm having a monologue." She stands up and I follow while we enter the building.

We part ways and I head up the stairs to my room. I see a familiar silhouette standing outside my door.

"Guess who finally decided to make an appearance. You made me wait."

"How did you know this was my room?"

"Asked Hatter. We have a conversation to finish."

I ignore him and open the door to my room, ready to close it on Niragi's face but his gun stops the impact.

"Trying to walk away again?"

He shoves open the door walking inside.

"I don't remember letting you in."

"I don't remember asking for your opinion."

"Just say what you have to and leave."

He walks up to me and grabs the back of my hair leaving almost no room between us.

"Don't order me around."

"Why, some bad memories kicking in?"

His prideful look falters. He corners me onto my bed, hovering over me and shoves his gun into my chin.

"You've always annoyed me with that mouth. Just makes me want to shoot a bullet through it even more."

I feel something in my chest tighten. Almost as if those words seemed to hurt.

"Interesting."

I hear from by the door. Niragi's eyes widen and his gun turns to that direction. He looks almost as surprised as me. Kuina was standing there smirking.

"Where's the snarky bastard from before?" She grins taping the door frame.

I push Niragi away quickly feeling the weird sensation rise up in my chest again. He also seems to notice that something is off from my usual self. He gets up and jumps off my bed.

"We'll continue this another day." He says then leaves.

Kuina has an awfully triumphant look in her face

"I'm always right."