CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE: FIRST CLASSES
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ALEX WALKED BESIDE Tianna as they walked out of Transfiguration, which was there first class. The two now had potions class.

Tianna and Alex took a seat beside Neville Longbottom who smiled warmly at them. "Hello Alex, Tianna!" He exclaimed.

Alex returned the smile. "Hey," she said softly. "How're you so far?"

He nodded. "I'm great!" A boy with red hair, similar to Alex's, but much more bright. Alex's red hair was mixed with a bit of brown alongside red, the boy sat in front of Alex, beside a boy Alex had learned to be Harry Potter. The other boy was with Harry earlier, Hermione Granger sat on the other side of Neville.

The boys turned around. "I'm Ron Weasley!" The redhead announced, Hermione rolled her eyes and looked away.

Alex smiled him. "Alex," she said, he nudged Harry.

"Oh!" Harry exclaimed. "Harry Potter."

"I'm Tianna," Tianna exclaimed excitedly. Tianna was energetic, Alex had never really been around anyone like her. But she liked it. "That's Neville." she pointed.

Neville waved slightly and Alex glanced across the room at Draco. He was with Crabbe and Goyle. "Do you know him?" Ron asked, realizing she was looking at Draco.

Before Alex could answer, Tianna spoke up. "They met at Diagon Alley!" She said with a large smile.

Alex nodded. "That's right, yeah. That's all." She told him. "Haven't talked to him since, I was just being polite."

Ron nodded slowly, with a shrug. "Makes sense."

Suddenly the door the the potions room flung open, a man with black hair in a black robe entered. "I am Professor Snape. There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art of this potions making. However for those select few who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how too bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame brew glory and even put a stopper in death." He explained, his eyes were shifting from Alex and Draco constantly. Like he knew them, or of them. Finally he looked at Harry. "Then again maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention.

Suddenly Hermione nudged Harry. "Harry" she hissed. Alex looked over and it seemed he was just taking simple notes.

"Mr. Potter our new celebrity. Tell me what I would get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asked, Hermione's hand shot in the air. Harry just shook his head. "You don't know? Well let's try again, where Mr. Potter would you look at if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione hair remained in the air.

"I don't know, sir," Harry said.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" He asked.

"I don't know, sir," Harry repeated, Hermione still had her hand in the air and was waving it violently.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything. Is it Mr. Potter?" He asked, raising one eyebrow. Draco had a large grin on his face, he was enjoying himself.