𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨.

────────

────────

Lo'ak feels the familiar smoothness of soggy, moistened wood under the sole of his feet.

He smells the scent of the sea sickeningly fresh and ridiculously invigorating, he could even taste it on his tongue right now, the saltiness roughly piercing and penetrating though his throat.

He hears the distant thumping of the beat of her heart again like rhythms to a sacred Omaticayan psalm or a well-known Metkayinan melody.

He sees her again, in a dream amidst golden slumbers. Like always, her face remained a dizzyingly dim blur, but that funny-looking necklace that hung around her neck he always remembered like a permanent stamp on the back of his mind.

It is quiet, she is all alone.

Seemingly, isolated and abandoned. 

────────

He knows she's close around. He could feel it on his gold-dusted skin, to the inner corners of his mind, and to the very fiber of his being. He simply thinks she's way too close for his liking. From the very moment he stepped foot into the scorching sand, under the searing gaze of the sun, he knew she had to be close by. Lo'ak knew the underwhelmingly small pod in which she experienced everyday life was almost exactly the same to the magnificent, mangrove-like pods here in Awa'atlu. Don't even get him started on every little, insignificant object within the clans belonging to the Metkayina people would remind him of a similar one in his dreams of her.

"C'mon Kiri, you've had these dreams from Eywa. These visions. Surely, you'd know a thing or two." Lo'ak argued, pleading for any form of information from his precious, darling sister. He didn't know whether he was really begging for insight on the matter or he was just subtly asking for simple words of comfort and understanding of his unusual, perhaps even bizarre situation from his siblings.

Tuk wouldn't know a thing, or that's what he seems to think. "He's always yapping on and on about his nightmares about this girl banshee named Lani or something he met almost every night! How do I know? Once, he almost pissed himself after waking up. Don't tell him I told you though!"