Chapter 4

-Warning: intense violence, dismembering, cursing, and derealization. If you're uncomfortable with any of these I suggest you leave-

They got into the cars, driving off. Y/n had no idea where they were going, from bits and pieces he got whilst not paying attention, he learned that they were on a death mission, two people, they had 10 hours. Captain America, Black Widow.

No one said a word on their way there, but instead, there was a map on the wall showing where they were going, and Y/n realized they would be stealing something from the Avengers, the very ones that Pierce said to kill if interacted with. There was footage from a drone that showed where the car was holding the object they needed. Y/n had no idea what they needed, but he would just follow the mission objective, kill the two, don't get caught.

"So, you get one person, I'll get the other?" he asked the Winter Soldier, who didn't respond.

He sighed "well I'm doing that so, go ahead and do what you do then" Y/n said, rolling his eyes. Before falling forward with a thud as the car came to an abrupt stop, the back doors opening and everyone hopping out. Y/n hopped out quickly, they were on a random highway, the car was in their sight, before he could say anything the Winter Soldier took off,

"holy shit he's fast" Y/n muttered, taking off after him.

The Winter Soldier jumped onto the roof of the car, breaking the windshield, ripping off the steering wheel and shooting through the roof, yelling commenced as the driver hit the brakes, shooting him off, making him skid down the highway.

The door on the passenger seat shot off the car, three people fell out with it and the car went speeding and spinning down the highway. Y/n grabbed a grenade launcher and shot it at Captain America and Black Widow, sending Captain America off the bridge and onto the road below. Y/n ran towards the edge of the bridge, but was cut off by a elbow to the head, the Falcon being the culprit.

He regained his balance and whipped around, grabbing him by the shoulders and flipping him onto the ground. He clenched his jaw as he got up again, engaging in a fist fight with him.

He kicked him back and went after him, a buzzing went over his earpiece however and he paused.

"Get the target, y/n." Pierce's voice rattled through his mind; he was cold and suffocating. Y/n shook his head, kicking The Falcon back onto the ground of the ragged concrete once more and running towards the edge of it, flying off of it and ducking and rolling to soften the hard landing onto the ground.

He went after a bus that had been blown onto its side, the glass was shattered and it crunched under his heel as he walked. He saw a slight movement behind one of the not shattered windows and he took a second to focus on it. Captain America crashed through it and tackled him onto the ground. Y/n forced him off as gunshots rang through the air from the Winter Soldier.

He flipped through the air as Captain America pushed him back with his shield. He flicked open a knife and forced himself to go through to him, grabbing his shield and ripping it out of his grip and kneeing him against a van, quickly taking his knife and trying to stab at his chest. Captain America pushed him back and ran over to duck and roll over to where his shield was thrown to.

Captain America slammed the shield into his ribs, he choked on his spit and got knocked to the ground, rolling back to avoid getting bashed again. He bounced up and ran at him, flipping over and grabbing him and suplexing him into the ground, grabbing a larger knife and stabbing into his arm, leaving him there.

Black Widow latched onto him in an instant, and swung him back and away from Captain America, the Falcon took a right swing and knocked him off balance. He kneed him in the chest and took out a shiv, blocking with his elbows and taking and sending blows and swings. The Winter Soldier ran after Black Widow, who reacted and started to choke him out. Y/n grit his teeth and punched and then elbowed the Falcon in the collarbone. A whistle through the air was the only warning before he got thrown to the floor by Captain America's shield. He clenched his jaw and rolled onto his stomach.

His hands felt rough against the ragged and broken asphalt of the road as he rolled back and slammed into the sidewalk. He groaned in pain and got to his knees, needing to rest for a moment, but his earpiece buzzed again.

Before Pierce could even get one word out he was getting up, his hands bled and one of the lenses of his goggles had broken through, leaving the teary eyed figure very visible to anyone looking.

A grenade launcher went off and he saw the Winter Soldier being targeted, his mask was on the ground, and Captain America looked stunned, before he could speak an explosive went off.

He was thrown into the air, a car that he was propped up against flew into the air again, the ragged metal breaking off and the hinge of the door breaking off.

Time seemed to slow down, his eyes widened and it sped up again as he got slammed into the ground by the car, the door being sent straight through his forearm,

"FUCK" he screamed in agony, the Avengers turned their heads to the scene, the blood curdling scream had alerted everyone in earshot, and y/n struggled to breath, being pinned down by the rest of the car as well, he couldn't move, he couldn't escape, and he couldn't reach his coms to request help, he was stuck.

His voice still hurt from earlier, and it felt as if his throat was bleeding, the micro pieces of metal were stuck in his skin, making him cry out for help, he hyperventilated, the amount of oxygen getting to his brain made him light headed, and the loss of blood made his vision foggy.

Suddenly the car was lifted by one Captain America, he didn't recognize him at first, his vision blurring, he saw the state his arm was in and called over everyone else, the Winter Soldier realized what was happening and shot a bullet into the air, he was back, only to retrieve Y/n, the others looked over, the Winter Soldier was running over to them, Captain America started yelling directions to everyone else, it was incomprehensible to Y/n, who was still crying out. Captain America then picked up Y/n, and started running off. The Winter Soldier was being drawn away by Sam and Natasha, then everything went black.

Words: 1142