Chapter 1

Castiel stood, shoulder to shoulder with Dean. Sam walking two or three strides ahead of the other two. Dean absentmindedly flipped a lighter in his palm, the metal glinted wickedly. The sun was still high in the sky, the day had sped by quickly. It would soon start to fade into darkness, the sky turning into a deep purple, blue, and eventually an impenetrable black.

 They didn't know exactly why they were here, but something had pulled them all to this area. Just outside of Los Angeles, California. They had driven for days to get here, they were all a little disappointed at finding nothing upon their arrival.

  Sam turned his head to the sky suddenly, seconds later Castiel was also staring into the air. They looked as though they were watching something. Dean slowly turned his head upwards, curiosity getting the best of him.

 Then he saw it, something tumbled from the sky. Black as the night. Sam's mouth hung open as it got closer, but Castiel knew better. He grabbed the boy's coat sleeves and ran from the tumbling thing. Dean looked surprised, and Sam seemed in a way disappointed.

  The air seemed to almost heat up, before something slammed them all to the ground. Dust flew over them, Dean's face was in the crook of his elbow. Sam had his eyes closed so tightly stress lines were covering his face. Castiel seemed almost unfazed. Although when the dust cleared he was the first one on his feet.

 Dean grumbled, raking his hand through his hair. Dust flowed freely from the brown cropped hair. Their faces had been dusted a shade lighter, and only their eyes shown through clearly.

  There was a crater in the earth where they had been standing, it was at least five feet deep. The loose dirt build-up was too light to stand on and they trudged through the dusty powder.

 What they saw surprised them all, even Castiel. A woman was in the center of the circle, and though it was sad when an angel fell. Their grace was usually torn from them, and with it their wings. Her wings remained, black as the night. They even seemed to twinkle like the stars. The dark hair framed her face in a sick twisted halo. She was unconscious it was obvious. Her breathing shallow.

 Dean looked up in time to see a black vehicle enter the field, the windshield was completely shielded. A nervous feeling began at the base of his spine and he gained Sam's attention on the car. Castiel was still focused on the angelic figure, but when he spotted the car he seemed to come back to life.

  "Dean, grab the girl." He said, his voice deep in thought.

 Dean jumped into the hole, placing her arms around his neck, once he got her half standing. He realized he would have some trouble, the wings dragged limply behind her. Each one was longer than sam was tall, and wider than a man.

 "Sammy, help me." He called, lifting the surprisingly light woman up.

  Sam reached around his waist and unbuckled his belt. He jumped into the hole, all the while the car was getting closer. He took Dean's belt as well. Draping it onto his shoulder he approached the pitch black wings. He took one, gently and folded it. He tightened the belt around the giant black wing, trapping it closed and did the same on the other. They both jogged after Castiel, the wings tightly bound to the woman's body.

 Castiel slid into the backseat, and helped Dean slide her in without damaging the delicate appendages. As the black car approached they pulled out, as though nothing had happened.

 They had her handcuffed, but had no idea how to position her without damaging the wings on her back. They unfolded the wings, and they lay from wall to wall, a few feathers bent against the wallpaper.

 Every once and a while the wings would violently jerk, as though she was flying. When she finally did awaken it was only for a few seconds, and it was just screaming. As though she thought she was still in the air, tumbling out of the sky. Her eyes were wide open, but unseeing. Castiel stepped over her, studying. Until the screams cut off and her eyes fluttered closed.

 "What is she?" Sam asked, staring at the black feathers.

 Castiel shook his head, "I don't know." He was lying.

 Suddenly the woman sat bolt upright, her eyes glowing a faint blue. Her wings fanned out behind her. She stood, the handcuffs seemed too little now. She shook her feathers, spreading out one wing and then the other.

  "Sam, Dean." She nodded, the blue fading from her eyes.

 She almost seemed to freeze, even the feathers on her wings stopped twitching. Her eyes shifted over to Castiel, her veins popping out of her neck with fury. She blinked a few times, pushing her wings even wider. With just a jerk of her wrists the silver handcuffs shattered to her feet. She walked towards the door, the boys stood motionless.

 "Thank you Winchesters." She smiled, tight lipped, "Castiel."

 With that she slammed her elbow into the window. The glass fragments catching the light easily as she dove out the window. Disappearing for a moment, until a black blur told them she had risen into the sky.