s e v e n

Recap: Carl goes to talk to Peighton about something.

<><><><><><><><><>

He pulls me out of the room, "What do you want, Carl?" I snap, looking directly in his eyes.

It's his weakness.

"Stop that." He says, "Stop what?" I ask innocently. "Whatever it is you do that gives me butterflies I don't like it. It makes me feel like a wuss."

I chuckle, "You are a wuss."

He smiles, "You wish." he sighs, "See? This is the Peighton I missed having around, what ever happened to that sweet innocent little Peighton?"

I sigh, "After we kissed we drove here. We acted like a complete couple, literally. Hannah appeared right when it felt like I was warming up to you. She fudging kissed you, Carl. Am I supposed to be okay with that?" His eyes go soft and he looks at me, "I'm sorry."

I stand on my tippy-toes and kiss him, a little kiss. He smiles and leans in for more. I push him away. "I told Liam."

"Told him what?"

"That ..We kissed."

☠ Carl Grimes ☠

"CARL??!! KEATON!!??" I hear.

Shoot.

"Oh great." Keaton whispers and tries to hide his face. "I don't think that's gonna work, bro." He nods, "Oh believe me .. I know."

Hannah runs and squeezes me "I missed you so much omg." She stands on her tippy-toes and puts her lips on mine, I push her away. She runs over to Keaton and practically wraps her legs around him. "I thought I lost you, after all we are practically brother and sister now." I can already see the hurt in Peighton's eyes.

Keaton introduces them to each other and Hannah clearly does not like her. "At least Carl doesn't have any relation to her." Hannah snaps and looks in my direction. I nod, not knowing what else to do.

I feel guilty as Peighton nods, "Yeah .." she sighs, "yeah I guess you're right."

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go take Peighton for a tour." Patrick announces and then takes her hand, interlocks their fingers and walks away. I see her laughing and enjoying the company as they walk away.

I can't help but feel jealous, I wish there was no competition. Life would be alot easier that way.

I head inside to go have a shower and clean up.

☮ Peighton LeBlanc ☮

"You what?"

"You heard me. I needed to tell him, he's my best friend." I shrug, and Carl comes up to me making me step backwards. "He better not tell anyone." I put my hands on my hips, "and if he does? Then what? You'll beat him to death? Because I hope you know that it won't only affect you, it'll affect me too." I point my finger into his chest, when the flashback strikes me.

Flashback:
I walked up to a small house,"I got this one with Liam. We'll go raid the cupboards for food."

Carl stepped up, "I'll go too. You know, just in case." I couldn't believe what I just heard. "Are you saying we're weak?" I stepped up and our faces were about 5 centimetres apart. He just crossed the line.

He shrugged, "I guess I am." I laughed, and then jabbed my pointer finger into his chest. "You just wait and see."

With that, I turned on my heel and started walking towards the house. "C'mon Liam."