THE MAGICIAN'S ISLAND

"Having too much power is dangerously tempting enough

"Having too much power is dangerously tempting enough."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

"HAS ANYONE SEEN MY PENDANT?"

After changing to some proper sailor clothing, I went into Caspian's study where I found both Susan's horn and bow & arrows; Peter's shield and Rhindon; my bow & arrows, already having my sword at hand but the one thing I couldn't find was my magical pendant. 

"Nathaniel, do you have my pendant?" I asked as I approached while he was helping fixed a part of the ship that was broken.

He looked at me and shook his head, "No." He was about to add on to his response when he was called and had to turn away and continued what he was doing. I put my hand on my waist as I thought about approaching Caspian, but he was preoccupied with other important things and I didn't want to add a selfish thought to his list.

I haven't noticed Lucy walking behind me, "Uhh... I do." Confused, I turned to look at Lucy, who slowly revealed my pendant hanging around her neck from under her blouse.

"Lucy," I said, disapproving as I approached her, "This pendant is dangerous enough in the hands of someone that doesn't know how to wield it."

"I'm sorry," she apologized, being sincere, "I thought that I could help around by using a little bit of magic. Since, you know, you've put most of it in here as a catalyst. And being your blood sister, I thought it would work in my favor like it does with Nathaniel, who has magic."

I sigh, "I know, Lu. But, unlike Nathaniel, you haven't been properly trained to use magic."

Lucy handed my pendant, looking ashamed, "I just wanted to help."

"Oh Lucy. You have a great heart." I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead, "Maybe later I could teach you a few easy things."

"He's talking to birds!" Tavros rough and loud voice caught my attention as we turned to look at him who was laughing about something.

"He's mad as a loon that one," 

We turned to look at what they were looking at and it was at Eustace, who was hidden away between some barrels while writing on that journal of his. In front was a seagull, who I presume Eustace was talking to it.

"Shoo! Go on, get off!" Eustace ushers the seagull away with an embarrassed look on his face. I frowned and debated if I should approach him or not.

"Excuse me, your majesties," Vela excused herself as she walked around us while carrying a pile of rope and going to help Nathaniel.

____________

"What exactly are you looking for?" Nathaniel asked as he handed me another book, "Is there anything that I could hand some knowledge."