Chapter 3

Carlos:

I knock on Mal's room door. I slowly open the door to see a sleeping Mal and Ben cuddled on the bed. Jane and I arrived 10 minutes ago with Dude. We are living our last year at Auradon Prep in the dorms. However, I signed up for a single room since I wanted Dude with me. Jane drove us both here in her car. We arrived at 7:30 due to snow traffic. Anway, back to the present.Snowball time. I run to the window downstairs and pick up a bunch of snow. I quickly turn it into a snowball.

"Boo!" says a voice behind me. I jump, turn around and drop the snowball on the floor. Jay is two feet behind me laughing.

"Hey!!! What was that for??" I say as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Well, you are no longer scared of dog barks so I had to pick boo." Jay says with an amused face.

"Here's an idea. Don't scare me." I retorted back glaring.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" Jay asks.

"I know how you can get your fun." I say a smile slowly forming on my face," Mal and Ben are sleeping upstairs. How about we snowball them in the face."

"Is that even a question?" Jay says, that familiar mischievous glint in his eyes appearing.

We grab our snowballs and go upstairs silently. I signal for him to go to the other side of their door. I grab the handle and slowly open the door. I realize my mistake a second too late. Mal is on the other side poised, holding up a snowball. I see a tuft of chocolate brown hair next to her behind a pillow fortress. Mal quickly nails me with a snowball and while Ben nails Jay. We open fire but they quickly dive under their impenetrable pillow fortress. I see a mound of snow next to me. I quickly make a snowball and hand it to Jay. I give a few hand signals to Jay. Jay listens and moves on one side while I go on the other. We reach the fort and start firing. However, I miscalculated and ended up throwing the first one above a ducked Mal and Ben heading straight at Jay. Jay stands in shock.

"Every man for himself!!!" Jay says pummeling me with a handful of snow.

The room erupts in total chaos and all sides are fired at. The lights suddenly go off and back on. We see a furious Evie at the door.

"Clean this up right now!!" Evie thunders. " I expected better of you. You guys are all adults!!"

We all scramble to our feet and start gathering the snow up in a pile near the door.

"One more thing." Evie says sternly. Suddenly I see a smile slowly taking over her face. I run towards the fortress seeking protection but I'm too late. Evie pummels us all with snowballs with the help of Lonnie and Jane who were hiding behind her. The girls (excluding Mal) high five themselves as Evie stands with her hands on her hips triumphantly exclaiming " I win!".

Mal stands up with an impressed smile. "That's my girl!! Go E!!"

"Anyway, time to clean up. I made hot cocoa downstairs." Evie says with a satisfied smirk.

Suddenly everyone stands up and we all start to clean up. Evie's hot cocoa is amazing. It melts in your mouth and she always makes it extra chocolatey for me.

We raced downstairs and began to drink our mugs of heaven.

"Where are the strawberries?" Mal asks.

When it's that time of the month Mal gets these weird strawberry cravings and has strawberries on everything.

Evie pulls out a carton from the fridge and hands Mal two. Mal quickly dips it in her hot cocoa and takes a bite.

"Mmmmm." Mal says.

"Take good care of her, Ben." Jay says "especially now"

"I promise you, I will," Ben says, hugging Mal.

We all finish our mugs and head upstairs.

"I need a nap. It's too early." Jay says yawning.

We all mutter sounds of agreement.

I walk to mine and Jane's room and start putting pillows and a blanket on the couch. Jane can take the bed.

"Good night Jane." I mutter before looking around in alert. I realize Jane is not upstairs in my room. I head downstairs and see my marvelous girlfriend washing the mugs.

"Watcha doin?"

"Washing the mugs."

"You should sleep. We've been on the road since 5:30"

Jane yawns after sleepily replying " I will after this."

Seeing as how my stubborn girlfriend won't go to sleep. I started helping her. After 3 minutes Jane yawns again.

"Jane?"

"Hmm"

"Sit down for a bit. I can take care of the rest."

"Okay" Jane mumbles and obeys and sits down at the dining table. After a few seconds I hear a soft snoring. I turn around to see my adorable girlfriend sleeping on the chair. I finish the dishes as silently as I can. I walk over to her and gently lift her. I climb up the stairs and enter our room. I lay her on the bed and tuck her in. I walk to the couch and prepare to sleep.

"Carlos?" Calls a sleepy voice from the bed."You don't have to sleep on the couch. We can share the bed." Jane mumbles sitting up.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"Yeah."

I grab a pillow and walk over to the bed. I slid in and pulled the covers over me. Jane falls into the pillow and moves over to me. She hugs me and her jarlos necklace I made for her birthday catches the light. A few seconds later, I hear a soft snoring once again coming from my girlfriend. I slowly drift off thinking what a lovely girlfriend I have.

Evie:

I creak open Carlos and Jane's door and find exactly what I expected. A cuddled Carlos and Jane blissfully sleeping. I take a picture of my baby bro with my phone and send it to Mal.