Chapter 11

Sunday, 13.55

"What's your plan?" Cara asked as she walked down the stairs. An hour had passed and Pip wanted to start the investigation now. The first few days were crucial. 

"I dunno, I think, trace her steps. Go to Millie." She said as she sipped her coffee. Black. Normally she'd drink tea, but being sleep-deprived did a number on her.

"Okay, when do you wanna go? Four?" She glanced at Pippa while making toast with jam. She thought it was a reasonable offer, but her friends scoffed at it.

"I was thinking, right now. It's a one-hour drive, so we'd be there around three." Cara's jaw dropped. Right now?

"Oh, don't gimme that look. We're leaving in." Cara groaned.

She pulled her hair while trying to keep the conversation going. "Are we going with just the two of us?" 

"No, Ravi's gonna join us, we'll pick him up" 

~Time skip~

They were sitting in Cara's car because she had room for more than two people. Pip had already claimed her spot in the driver's seat. She was tapping her foot, very impatiently.

"When is coming out of the goddamn? I want to lea-heave." Her voice sounded whiny. Cara just sat there as she quickly threw a hoodie

"Give him some time, you saw him just a few hours ago." She turned around and looked through the rear window, blocking Pippa's vision. "There! Unlock the car!" Pip always locked the car after her, rather traumatizing, experiences. Even tho, she still listened to her friend. 

Pippa's expression changed completely as Ravi sat down next to her. Pippa gave him a sweet smile before she started driving. Cara just shrugged her shoulders and put her earphones in, she closed her eyes and laid back, to give the two the impression they could talk and she would be quiet.

"I know it's weird to ask, but how are you doing, All things considered?" 

"Good, a little sick, but good. You?" She didn't look at him, gaze fixated on the road. He started to worry a little. Sick? Did she catch a fever?

"I'm alright, what do you mean sick?" He didn't want her to change the subject so he was just gonna be straightforward about it. 

"Headaches, feeling nauseous. Do you the quickest route to London?" She turned out to be better than expected at changing the subject, way better. It was clear she didn't want him to push about it, but he didn't care. 

He plucked her hand off the steering wheel and held it between them. "Are you sure you're okay?" 

She turned her head and gave him a sincere smile. "I'm fine, really."