CHAPTER FIVE: FIERY EMOTIONS

Detective Clement meets up with his team in a neatly organized sitting room. His partner, Eseohe was studying some files with her study face and glasses on. 

 Dr. Gideon was on his laptop, punching in a few keystrokes and studying the outputs. 

 "What do you guys have for me on the Odia's case?" Clement inquired as he entered the room. 

 "We got two hypotheses." Dr. Gideon said, "One, there was no real sign of struggle or increased brain activity before death"  

 Clement looked at them with this intense deductive seriousness. "Ok" He muttered. 

 "Multiple stab wounds, a clot in the brain, no increased heart activity before death, autopsy showed that the cause of death was not from the stab wounds, but from the trauma to the head" Eseohe read from the report in her hand. 

 "So the first guess would be, he was killed before or after the stab wound." Clement suggested. 

 "Exactly, I have sent for the detailed analysis on the cause of death." Gideon said. 

 "The second guess would be that the assault and murder was done by someone relatively close" Eseohe continued. 

 "Elaborate" Clement requested. 

 "With that guess I pulled up a list of family, friends, rivals and colleagues that Mr. Odia kept around and worked with, and came up with a really long list." Eseohe explained. 

 "I was able to narrow the list down to 5 suspects." 

 "Is there a Mr. Alfred Uba on the list?" Clement asked in curiosity.  

 "Uhmmm. Yes? How could you possibly know that?" Gideon asked 

 Eseohe smiled. 

 "I want everything on Mr. Alfred Uba, down to his calls, account transactions and all." Clement demanded from Gideon. 

 Gideon immediately dived into hacking while Eseohe drew closer to Clement.  

                      ***************

THE ODIA'S HOUSE

 In the Odia's house, Madam Isiramen of the Odia Business Dynasty, is seen in her elegance with Chucks by her side.  

 She had just lost her son, but she wasn't bothered at least, it was not displayed on her stern face. 

 Mrs. Odia walked in and on noticing the presence of Madam Isiramen, her countenance changed. Her mourning black gown flowed and she so was her majestic curves and shape. 

 "You look calm for someone that just lost her husband, Eunice. Pray that my suspicions are wrong." Madam Isiramen commented. 

 "I should say the same about you, mother-in-law." She replied, still composed.  

 A brawl between two strong women. The looks in their faces was intense, their stare could start a fire in the room. They were at this for sometime, easing into the whole tension. 

 "So your plan has worked abi?" came the accusation from another young lady who entered the room holding a bible. "You have successfully killed my brother, right?" She accused further. Turns out that she was Mr. Jonathan's younger sister, Linda. 

 "Oh, please!" She scoffed. 

 "You are telling me to please abi? The God that I am serving will expose you and all your wickedness." 

 Madam Isiramen just looked away. She wouldn't want anything to spoil her poise.  

 "Please, please! Not today!" Felicity entered. "I do not want any of you talking to my mother in that manner." It was Felicity Odia, the daughter of Mr. Jonathan Odia. She had similar boldness with that of her grandmother.