14. what's wrong with us?

14 | "There will always be one person on this planet that values you, just the way you are

14 | "There will always be one person on this planet that values you, just the way you are."

Laying in bed, the workbook sits astray next to me

Laying in bed, the workbook sits astray next to me. It's flipped to a topic I know well about, but with my frustrations growing stronger, I feel like I know nothing at all. All this drama has led me to believe I'm blind in every way- in my relationship with Heeseung, with Sunoo, with Yuri, and with my council. There are not too many of us, which means I should at least try to get along with them.

I feel so focused on the people closest to me that I forget there are other people out there who also want to do new things. I hate myself for that.

However, I feel like I'm not looking between the lines with those friends to the point where I know nothing about them at all. I know that Yuri's an exception although we hang out a lot, however, with people like Sunoo, there's a difference.! It was like his whole demeanor changed yesterday. I've never seen him act that way.

Perhaps even Heeseung's an exception, or maybe that's me trying to cope with the fact we've known each other for years and still don't act like normal acquaintances.

Yeah, I'm seriously blind. I don't know what Sunoo meant by "I'm his only obstacle." It sounds like a line from a cringy coming-of-age romance story. It's a bit embarrassing.

As I keep thinking about the meaning behind Sunoo's words, my stepmother enters my room with a bowl of fruit in hand. "Hey, Hayoon," She says, placing it on my nightstand. I hum, acknowledging her but too distraught to say something. "Something on your mind?"

"A lot, actually," I groan, rubbing my eyes with the ends of my palms. "Say, do you think I'm in the wrong for not forgiving someone who said something irrational?"

"How irrational was it?" She replies, placing her hand on my shoulder. "And, it depends on how much it hurts you. Some people tolerate different amounts of pain."

"He reprimanded me for the past. During the time when mom died," Then, she began rubbing my shoulder. She's trying to comfort me when there's none needed. "But, I feel like I'm already past it–both what he said and the past–but I can't come to terms with it. He was angry, and I couldn't tell why. He said all that stuff, and he's at fault, but why do I feel like he still deserves to be forgiven?"